Must be able to do repairs/ maintain systems used for aircraft navigation and radio communications, weather radar systems, and other instruments and computers that control flight, engine and other primary functions. Includes trouble shooting, repair, and maintenance of applicable mission systems
When deployed overseas, techs will typically work extensive overtime at all hours of the day and night and live in austere conditions, usually tent-city type arrangements with communcal latrines and showers.
Possibility of 60% to 70% OCONUS travel with some overtime and CONUS travel required.
• Performs inspections, make adjustments and repairs, replaces components, and corrects any malfunctions or deficiencies with and without power applied to aircraft.
• Performs aircraft avionics maintenance in accordance with applicable technical data, SOPs and FAA/JAA regulations.
• Accesses, removes and re-installs aircraft components including mechanical and electrical which obstruct the performance of assigned repair/replace tasks.
• Assists with repairs on off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes.
• Performs basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations.
• Performs troubleshooting of all avionics/mission systems(as applicable) installed on the aircraft.
• Documents work performed.
• Fabricates parts/wire harness and installs per engineering drawings and instructions.
• Assists in troubleshooting off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes.
• Complies with all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other tasks such as cleaning aircraft using approved materials, methods and equipment.
• Assists in updating and completion of work orders and operation details; assists with on-going maintenance tasks when avionics specific tasks are complete.
• Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
• 5-10 years of experience is desired with maintenance experience on DoD aircraft preferred.
• FAA repair station experience is desired.
• Experience on DoD/fixed wing turboprop and rotary wing aircraft is desired.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the USA.
• Position will require overseas travel.
. Must be able to pass a pre-hire physical.
. Ability to obtain and retain a DoD security clearance required.
Current Driver Lic Required
• Knowledge of reading, interpreting drawings, diagrams, and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems; wire coding systems; avionics test equipment; knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job; skilled using basic hand tools, operate ground support equipment, troubleshoot engine electrical/electronic systems, and measuring using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function.
*SNC is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce.
Apply online for immediate consideration at www.sncorp.com or send inquiries to Monique.Moultrie@SNCorp.com.