|Detailed Position Description:
AIRCRAFT STRUCTURES ENGINEER (Airbus)
DEPARTMENT NAME: Maintenance & Engineering
REPORTS TO: Mgr. of Liaison Engineering
The Aircraft Structures Engineer will be responsible for developing structural engineering solutions to affect repair to the Allegiant Air aircraft fleet. This position also advises and provides technical expertise to Line Maintenance to ensure on-time fleet operations.
- Research and provide data for the development of modifications to improve Allegiant fleet reliability
- Provides oversight and engineering expertise to contracted repair agencies conducting heavy maintenance and/or structural repairs to aircraft components
- Develop Engineering Repair Orders (ERO) for accomplishment of Structural Repairs
- Develop Engineering Orders (EO) for the incorporation of modifications to aircraft structure or structures components
- Coordinates repair plans with Materials/Purchasing, Coordinate with Maintenance Planning and Maintenance Control
- Coordinate with aircraft heavy maintenance vendors to ensure approved data is used as the basis for structural repairs
- Assist with CASP analysis and development of reliability improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Liaison Engineering
Interacts with all operations departments such as Ground Ops, Flight Ops, & In-Flight Services
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must pass a five (5) year background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
B.S. Degree in engineering, engineering sciences or aeronautics required, Airframe and Powerplant or FCC license preferred.
Five (5) years experience as an engineer in 121 or 135 airline environments with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or ten (10) years experience in a 121 or 135 airline engineering department with an A&P License, Two (2) years Airbus engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of aircraft structural repair design
- Knowledge of and ability to understand OEM Structural Repair Manuals (SRM)
- Familiarity with composite repair techniques
- Knowledge of an ability to research ADS relating to DTA, CPCP and Ageing Aircraft
Some travel and onsite visits to MRO facilities
Must be able to lift 50 lbs and work in a maintenance shop environment. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.
Active Avjobs Members will be given preference in our selection process for this posting.