7. August 2014 08:03
Aviation uses many mnemonics in addition to written checklists.
- Pre-landing: GUMPS - Gas, Undercarriage, Mixture, Propeller, Speed.
- Pre-final: MARTHA - Missed (procedure), Altitude (limit), Radios (set), Time (limit), Heading (final), Airspeed (descent)
- Pre-high-altitude - FLOWER - Flow (enabled), Lights (test), Oxygen (charged), Water (humidity), Electricity (on), Radio (check)
- Pre-flight-paperwork - ARROW - Airworthiness (certificate), Registration, Required (charts), Operating (checklists), Weight and balance
- Night collision avoidance: Red, Right, Returning - Red nav light on Right implies target is Returning (closing)
- Radio loss Instrument course - CDEF - as Cleared, else Direct to last fix, else as directed to Expect, else as flight plan Filed
- Spin recovery - POKER - Power (off), Opposite (full rudder), Klean (flaps, ...), Elevator (briskly forward), Recover (from dive)
Do you know any others?