Job Title: Avionics Installation Technician
BASED IN ENGLEWOOD, COLORADO
Reports To: Avionics Supervisor
**HELICOPTER EXPERIENCE PREFERRED!
Full-Time/Direct-Hire Position | Great Pay | Full Benefits | Profit Sharing | Relocation Assistance |
- Fabricates, assembles, installs, modifies, tests, operates and troubleshoots aircraft avionics and electrical systems.
- Fabricates avionics, electrical and medical systems to engineering schematic specifications.
- Operationally tests avionics, electrical, and medical systems per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Performs build-up activities related to electrical and avionics installations such as parts recording, harness fabrication, continuity testing, and securing in aircraft.
- Troubleshoots electrical schematics when appropriate.
- Assists in designing and planning installation and repair modifications.
- Assists with planning and documenting in-flight testing, certification, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Assists in FAA repair station documentation (work order, FAA Form 337’s, aircraft weight and balance, equipment list changes, log book entries, parts recording, documentation changes).
- Orders parts and supplies for department, maintains necessary stock levels, evaluates parts for repair/restock.
- Maintains the upkeep of the work area, equipment and materials.
- Performs other duties as required.
- MINIMUM of Two years Civilian Aviation or Four years Military Aviation experience as an installer required.
- Helicopter experience preferred.
- Formal Electronics/Avionics Training.
- Applicant must meet the requirements of FAR 65.101 except for the recommendation by the employer.
- Desire A.S. Degree in a technical science area.
- Desire FCC License, FAA airframe and power license, and/or FAA repairman certificate.
- Basic proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints and schematics.
Equipment and Environment:
- Hand tools, multi-meters, pilot static tester, computer, printer, Hot Stamp and Laser wire-marking equipment, portable avionics (RF and pulse) test equipment. Employee must provide assorted hand tools to perform duties in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Bending, Lifting (30 lbs.), working in tight quarters, working under, around, and over fixed components for long periods of time. Standing or sitting in one position for long periods of time. Working in a non-climate controlled environment. Working in an aircraft-noise environment. Ability to work unsupervised and alone for long periods of time. Working in a flight-line and airborne environment.
All qualified and selected candidates must pass a pre-employment backround and drug screening tests. Aerotage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.