Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
The Avionics/Electrical Technician is responsible for the repair, modification, installation, and routine maintenance of all Avionics systems and is also responsible to perform work within FAA and company standards of quality.
Competent Computer use: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience with digital navigation and communication instruments systems; Pro Line, Garmin.
• Good understanding of electrical theory.
• Good understanding of avionics systems and operation of ATC 600 NAV test set
• Familiar with FAA AC 43.13-1b.
• Able to pass a basic written electrical theory test and a practical test of crimping, insertion/extraction, environmental splice & shielded splice techniques using AC 43.13-1b.
• Perform general mechanical items on aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work and sheet metal repair or installation.
• Operational knowledge of pitot and static systems and test equipment.
• Sufficient physical agility to work in confined aircraft work spaces.
• Must have manual dexterity required for a technician.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in using computerized aircraft maintenance programs and manuals.
• Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents.
• Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
• Troubleshooting and evaluation of systems on the aircraft.
• Inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components.
• Operate ground support equipment e.g. power carts, HiReach, etc. as required.
• A broad, overall knowledge of other aircraft systems e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components.
• Performance of ground runs.
• Make entries into maintenance logs & task cards IAW FAR part 43 and Operator/Air Carrier manuals.
• Keep supervisors and coworkers apprised of work progress and/or problems.
• BAE146 experience desired
Job Type: Full-time
Aviation experience: 2 years
Required license or certification:
FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate desired
Required education: High school or equivalent
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Please sign in to apply for this job.