Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All Gateway Technical College Jobs
Gateway Technical College
Salary Annual: USD
From: $54,055.00 To: $75,000.00
YOU MUST APPLY FOR THE INSTRUCTOR, AERONAUTICS POSITION AT THE URL FOR GATEWAY TECHNICAL COLLEGE
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE GO TO THE URL NOTED AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is a 163 day contract over 3 semesters.
Under the supervision of the Dean, Manufacturing, Engineering & Transportation, this person is responsible for providing the ground and flight training of the two year associate degree Aeronautics Pilot Training Program. Successful applicant must meet FAR Part 141.36 a-d qualifications for Assistant Chief Instructor for Private and Commercial Airplane Courses. Assigned program duties will include classroom instruction of the related program ground courses, flight instruction, conducting course stage checks and supervising teaching assistants. Related responsibilities will include student advisement, curriculum development, recruitment and retention efforts, committee work and participation in efforts to market the program and college. NOTE: This is a 163 day instructional contract that is over 3 semesters.
- Plan and teach courses which fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives
- Prepare a course syllabus, which includes course requirements, attendance requirements, grading criteria.
- Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues
- Adhere to class schedules. Meet attendance standards.
- Remain current in practices, trends and research related to areas of specialization or assignment.
- Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Identify and assess students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives and provide additional instruction to those students as needed.
- Check email or Blackboard for student rosters and other information as required.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to student matters.
- Participate in college, campus and department evaluation processes.
- Attend adjunct faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Interact constructively with resident faculty.
- Promote the education/training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to market Gateway.
- Comply with college policies and procedures and department guidelines.
REQUIRED: (Applicants must meet ALL of the required qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautics PLUS two years (4,000 hours) occupational experience as a pilot and flight instructor
- Associate's degree in Aeronautics PLUS four years (8,000 hours) occupational experience as a pilot and flight instructor.
- Included in the above experience, must have a minimum of one year (2,000 hours) of demonstrated relevant occupational experience within the last five years.
- Minimum of 1,000 flight hours as a pilot in command and 750 hours of flight instruction given in both single and multi-engine airplanes (combined).
- Must possess: Current FAA Certified Flight Instructor Certificate with airplane single engine land, airplane multi-engine land and instrument airplane instructor ratings.
- Must meet FAR Part 141.36 a-d qualifications for Assistant Chief Instructor for Private and Commercial Airplane Courses. Successful candidates must bring his/her pilot logbook(s) to support this information to the interview.
- Experience teaching adults.
- Airframe License
- Power Plant License
START DATE: 08/21/2017
DIVISION/LOCATION: Manufacturing, Engineering & Transportation, Horizon Center/ Kenosha
HOURS: Flexibility is needed as schedule may vary to accommodate the needs of both day and evening students.
COMP GRADE: BA
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
POSITION ID: 01084
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment is contingent upon an acceptable background/reference check and drug screening.
- Employment eligibility for the United States.
- Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS).
- Flexibility is needed to accommodate day, evening and weekend students.
- Instructors are retained on a 163-day contract.
- Current position is represented by a bargaining unit.
- This is a year-round calendar, including evening and weekend courses.
- All new hires must attend a paid orientation from August 21 - 24, 2017.
- NOTE: This is a 163 day instructional contract that is over 3 semesters.
1. Tobacco-free environment.
2. Exposure to computer screen for much of the workday.
3. Visible work area in shared office.
Instructor Aeronautics job at Gateway Technical College
Apply for this Instructor Aeronautics position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!