Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
King Of Prussia, PA
The individual selected for this position will function as both a practicing Data Scientist and an evangelist for advanced analytics techniques, primarily in support of the Missiles and Fire Control business area. Position responsibilities include collaboration with business stakeholders to identify business opportunities and needs to develop associated analytical models that deliver useful, actionable insights, or recommendations. Candidates can expect to participate in, or lead cross functional teams to address the problem at hand and Identify new data driven business opportunities beyond the current business focus by combining existing and new data and help to institutionalize a data-driven analysis. Candidates should be comfortable identifying relevant data sources and applying a variety of tools and techniques to prepare and manipulate the data for analysis, as well as visualization and reporting techniques to present findings and recommendations. In addition to applied problem solving, the successful candidate will drive data architectures needed for sourcing and wider consumption and analysis. Candidates should be comfortable working together with Solution Architects to provide insights into current and future trends in these areas and to translate them into implications for Lockheed Martin including deployment of new technologies. This also includes giving advice on adequate quality, analysis, processing, privacy and security of internal and external data and help to improve our predictive and cognitive capabilities. Position requires self-motivated individuals combined with hands-on entrepreneurial spirit and exceptional drive, with the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment.
Limited travel (less than 25%) will be required for this role.
This position requires US Citizenship.
Work location at a major Lockheed Martin EBS facility is preferred, but virtual applicants will be considered.
Basic Required Experience
• Demonstrated expertise in computer science and statistics; Strong working knowledge of basic and Bayesian statistical concepts such as correlation, linear regression, optimization, and how they can be applied.
• Ability to build predictive models, such as generalized linear, decision tree, and neural network models
• Ability to perform model selection and evaluation using criteria such as Root Mean Square Error, Receiver Operator Characteristics or Lift tests
• Strong understanding of business fundamentals and the ability to relate them to business processes
• Ability to utilize flexible analytical approaches that allows for results at varying levels of precision
• Proficiency with SQL
• Experience designing efficient algorithms with Statistical programming environments, R or Python
• Experience with integration and cleansing of disparate or incomplete data sets to deliver insight
• Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources combined with a strong empirical research skills to address hard questions with data and data models
• Effective use of front end reporting and visualization tools that allow for findings to be effectively communicated to and applied by the business
• An understanding of traditional business intelligence and data warehousing concepts (ETL, data modeling, and reporting)
• Experience in applied machine learning, optimization, and simulation
• Experience with SAP HANA, Hadoop (including Hive, Pig or Mahout) and other tools that facilitate the consumption, storage, and analysis of “Big Data”
• Domain knowledge of Aerospace & Defense industry, particularly in the sustainment and logistics domain
• Knowledge of SAP ERP Systems, Applications and Processes and data constructs, as it applies to Supply Chain Management, Production Operations, Global Sustainment, and Finance
• Experience designing efficient algorithms with programming languages and tools, such as Python, PHP, MATLAB, SAS, MapReduce, Java, Ruby, Clojure, for data manipulation and statistical analysis.
• Experience designing efficient Data mining and text mining frameworks with related tools (e.g. Mahout, Weka, UIMA, GATE)
• Project Management experience planning and monitoring analytics projects using Agile/Scrum principles
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, customers, colleagues and suppliers and to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
• Demonstrated business and technical communication skills, including the communication of findings and their relevance in business terms
• Master’s Degree in related field
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
•Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
•Job Location(s): Fort Worth Colorado, Fort Worth Georgia, Fort Worth New York, Fort Worth Pennsylvania, Fort Worth Texas
Data Scientist job at Lockheed Martin
Apply for this Data Scientist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.