Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Mechanical Engineer Stf
King Of Prussia, PA
This position is located at Valley Forge, PA and supports the Air Force Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) Program. The Mechanical Engineer Stf. position supports the GBSD Aerospace Vehicle Equipment (AVE) Team. The selected candidate will be responsible for the mechanical design activities, including requirements allocation, concept evaluations, trade studies, layouts, preliminary solid modeling and analyses, associated with the GBSD Reentry System (RS). The RS design requires the definition of the basic RS structure, RS bulkhead, Shroud, and Reentry Vehicle (RV) attachment hardware. The mechanical design lead will be responsible for the development of solid models in conjunction with the performance of all necessary analyses for these designs, including materials evaluations, stress, dynamics, thermal, aerodynamic, and flight mechanics assessments. Support will also be provided to producibility studies, cost trades, design for long term operations and maintenance, and all necessary development planning activities. This position will start in September of 2017, and is contingent upon the GBSD TMRR award in September of 2017.
Basic Required Experience
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with commensurate years of professional experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional product development team environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead an Integrated Product Team
• Fundamental understanding of aerospace vehicle structures, mechanisms, thermal products, materials and processes
• Experience with aerospace vehicle flight hardware design and analysis, manufacture, test and integration
• Demonstrated ability to drive hardware production activities through delivery to the program
• Proficient with CAD modeling, drafting and release in Creo/EPDM
• Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 including GD&T
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation, including SAP, Q-notes, test procedures, etc.
• Experience working with procurement and outside suppliers, including Product Acceptance Instructions (PAIs), VRICs, source inspection, etc.
• Proven excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Schedule/planning experience
• Experience with US Strategic Systems
• Experience with USAF Program Execution
• Experience with Missile Weapons Systems
• Experience with USAF Minuteman III Weapon System
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
• Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
• Effectively manage change
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
•Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
•Job Location(s): King of Prussia Pennsylvania
Mechanical Engineer Stf job at Lockheed Martin
Apply for this Mechanical Engineer Stf position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.