Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Chief Certified Flight Instructor
The Chief Flight Instructor is responsible for managing CFI’s and Training Course Outlines that pertain to RMC’s FAA part 141 Certification and part 61 training. This position is also responsible for ensuring students obtain pilot certification necessary to fulfill graduation requirements under FAR parts 61, 91 and 141 in a cost effective manner. This person will be responsible for fulfilling the responsibilities of Chief Certified Flight and Ground Instructor as specified in FAR part 141 and will act as the primary liaison between Flight Operations at the FAA. This person will also be responsible for assisting the Director of Flight Operations with duties including, but not limited to; safety and safety program, personnel (staffing), curriculum development, Instructor/Director of Flight Operations and Student/Director of Flight Operations liaison, SOP development and revision, Crisis Management, Aircraft Scheduling, Personnel Evaluation and general leadership and management of Flight Operations.
• Responsible for the safety and well-being of students, employees and aircraft in all flight and ground operations.
• Responsible for leadership and management of CFI’s in the fulfillment of the Aviation Program mission, vision and values.
• Perform duties and maintain qualifications as a part 141 Check pilot to include conducting End of Course evaluations leading to issuance of Certificates and Ratings.
• Oversee all aspects of student training, stage checks and FAA check rides including scheduling, trend analysis and establishment of standards.
• Lead the development of Training Course Outline (TCO) revisions and work with the Director of Flight Operations in development and implementation.
• Assist Director of Flight Operations in all duties to include personnel issues, strategic planning for the program, TCO development, SOP development, budget issues.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree, or higher required and minimum requirements as dictated by FAR 141 for Chief Certified Flight Instructor (Private and Instrument required, Commercial preferred).
• CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Flight Instructor Certificate with single and multi-engine, instrument ratings required. FAA Class II or higher, medical certificate required.
• OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently. Possess strong inter-personal, verbal and written communications skills. Skill at using computers for email communication, word processing, Talon ETA software and spread sheet applications.
Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, tuition remission, along with vacation, and sick leave accrual benefits.
Submit letter of interest, resume, copies of Pilot and Flight Instructor’s certificates, a list of 3 references, and the Rocky Mountain College application (go to www.rocky.edu and click on faculty & staff then employment opportunities) via email at jobs @rocky.edu or mail to: Human Resources, Rocky Mountain College, 1511 Poly Drive, Billings, MT 59102. AA/EOE
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Please sign in to apply for this job.