Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Develops,implements, modifies, and provides technical training and support programs toinsure maximum effectiveness of sales, service, product management and customersupport. Provides technical support tocustomers, territory managers and customer service representatives via thecustomer service call center. Providessupport in the repair of tools in the factory service center as needed andprocessing of warranty claims by the Greenlee Authorized Service Centers. Assists Territory Managers and Regional SalesManagers in interpreting end user specifications in order to make product salesor service recommendations. May analyze callcenter data to determine where additional training should be prescribed. May assist in developing and implementingaccount strategies.
••ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS•• ••:••
Thisposition reports to the Director of Customer Service and Technical Support. This position interfaces with all levels ofthe organization including, but not limited to Product Management, Engineering,Marketing, Territory Managers within areas of responsibility, authorizedservice centers, distributors, vendors, and end users.
Thisposition must display professionalism and enthusiasm in representing GreenleeTextron. Must have the interpersonalskills to work effectively with Sales,Marketing, Distribution, Manufacturing and other departments within the companyalong with distributors and end users.
1. Provide technical training and supportfor Territory Managers and customer service representatives in area ofresponsibility on the use and application of Greenlee products.
2. Provides technical training todistributors, authorized service centers, customers, and end users on theapplication, use and/or repair of Greenlee products via Greenlee Product and/orService Schools.
3. Provide support for Customer CallCenter, including but not limited to fielding telephone calls from TerritoryManagers, authorized service centers, distributors and end users and providingtechnical answers for Customer Service Representatives.
4. Provides support to factory servicecenter performing product repairs as training needs or repair workloadrequires.
5. Review and approve warranty serviceclaims for payment to authorized service centers as assigned.
6. Assists product management in fieldresearch and testing for new products and application of existing products asneeded.
7. Review new and revised IMs for accuracyand consistency of instruction and repair parts information as assigned.
8. Provide support to product management,marketing, and engineering on Greenlee products, including voice of thecustomer product information, technical specifications, target market usage,service related issues, product improvements, and evaluation of product, etc.
9. Serves as a liaison between authorizedservice centers, field sales, end users and engineering in investigating andresolving technical problems with the product line.
10. In conjunction with engineering,critiques and evaluates new products.
11. Conducts all duties in accordance withthe Textron Business Conduct Guidelines.
••KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:••
Thisposition requires a Bachelors Degree in business or a technical field or theequivalent work experience and a minimum of five years of experience in the useof hydraulic or electricians tools and equipment. Must have above average oral and writtencommunication skills. A minimum of 2years training experience is required. Knowledge of electrical and utility distribution/market is preferred.
Performstechnical and complex task requiring independent knowledge and its applicationto non routine situations.
Thisposition may exert up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20pounds of force frequently as well as the use of arm and/or leg controls withexertion greater than that of sedentary work. May also push, pull, lift, carry, grasp, finger or otherwise moveobjects. Must be able to operate anautomobile and to travel by airplane.
Theresponsibilities outlined in the position description serve as a generalguideline for the position and may not be exhaustive of all duties inherent inthe position.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
••Pay Transparency Policy Statement••
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor& 8217;s legal duty to furnish information.
••Job•• Product Support
••Primary Location•• US Illinois Rockford
••Recruiting Company•• Textron Tools & Test: Greenlee
••Schedule•• Full time
••Job Level•• Individual Contributor
••Shift•• First Shift
••Req ID:•• 255987
Technical Specialist job at Textron
Apply for this Technical Specialist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.