Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Apprentice A&P Mechanic Newburgh NY
••Apprentice, A&P Mechanic Newburgh, NY••
Apprentices will assist in the repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of airframes, engine systems, parts and components. Apprentices will provide world class service and support for customers in our Service Centers.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
• Assist mechanics with a variety of mechanical duties on various aircraft models involving diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft for flight and delivery to customer
• Utilize equipment such as tensiometers, micrometers, pressure gauges, dial gauges, vacuum gauges, and a variety of hand tools to assist mechanics with repairing or modifying systems or assemblies
• Perform a variety of line service activities for company and customer owned aircraft and general Service Center facilities maintenance
• Maintain watch and meet aircraft on taxi ramp
• Tow, park, and secure aircraft at various ramp and hangar locations
• Inventory and store personal contents as required
• Wash, clean, polish and/or wax exterior; clean and service interior of aircraft
• Defuel and fuel aircraft
• Complete fuel usage forms and records
• Position and operate ground power and other aircraft service units
• Perform general cleaning of ramps and service center facilities
• Maintain assigned service equipment and transportation vehicles
• Perform cleaning and routine maintenance checks
• Work in accordance with established safety practices including proper use of personal protective equipment; maintain a neat and orderly work area
• High School Diploma or equivalent and working towards A&P Mechanic License
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Acts with customer expectations and requirements in mind
• Collaborates and easily gets along in team based environments
• Valid driver& 8217;s license
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable)
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
••Pay Transparency Policy Statement••
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor& 8217;s legal duty to furnish information.
••Job•• Product Support
••Primary Location•• US New York Newburgh
••Recruiting Company•• Textron Aviation
••Schedule•• Full time
••Job Level•• Individual Contributor
••Shift•• First Shift
••Req ID:•• 256570
Apprentice A&P Mechanic job at Textron
Apply for this Apprentice A&P Mechanic Newburgh NY position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.