Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
SPECIFIC & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• As required or needed to meet daily production needs :
• Properly complete daily labor reports, material move tickets and scrap tickets.
• Follow routings and properly complete associated paperwork in accordance with set procedures.
• Setup and operate CNC machine tools to produce parts meeting blueprint specifications and tolerances.
• Perform first piece inspect of manufactured parts to meet blue print specifications and tolerances, and adjust setups accordingly to ensure a quality product is produced.
• Train new operators in the setup and operation of CNC machine as required.
• Perform to an established methods and standards; meeting or exceeding the departments quality and productivity goals.
• Responsible for filling in for the Powder Coat Paint Tech in their absences to ensure paint line operations are maintain.
• Maintains proper maintenance on weld guns and wire feeders.
• Makes minor adjustments as needed for welding equipment and fixtures.
• Visually inspects work and fixtures on an on going basis.
• Coordinates preventative maintenance activities.
• Follow all applicable ISO 14000 procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance.
• Responsible for communicating to Supervisor all parts availability and issues.
• Utilized assigned workforce/ employees by strategic placement at work areas in order to meet monthly build schedule.
• Responsible for recording accurate the completion of shop orders into MRP System.
• Responsible for maintaining metric boards on a daily basis.
• Responsible for communicating to management corrective action requirements as they present themselves.
• Responsible for providing input on employee performance review with Supervisor/Manager.
• Communicate with planner and supervisor related to part shortage and quality issues.
• Responsible for accurate time reporting of employee& 8217;s attendance within timekeeping system (ie. Vacation, casual, ETO).
• Communicate well with others and work in a manner to support a team environment.
• Perform to company standard 5& 8217;s program.
• Overtime may be frequent in this position.
• Perform other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by the Supervisor and or Manager.
• Perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, Local, and State: and Federal provisions.
• Must have a minimum of High School Degree or GED.
• Must have minimum of 1 year experience in manufacturing
• Experience in set up and operatation of CNC machine
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Have knowledge in the set up and operation of CNC machining center and/or CNC laser operation or other CNC or press brake operations.
• Must possess mechanical knowledge of CNC machine tool operation, set up & maintenance.
• Proficiency with measuring devises and works within blueprint specification tolerance.
• The employee must be able to perform basic mathematics and have good understanding of fractions and numbers to three decimal places. Read and understand blue prints, have the ability to follows charts and tables.
• Must have experience with the use of measuring tools (i.e. calipers, protractors, height gages and micrometers).
• Must be able to lift up to 40lb. and more with assistance.
• Various small hand tools, tape measure, welder, spot welder, torch, hand truck, fork lift, and hand grinders.
• Knowledge and ability in all applicable nesting operations.
• Knowledge and ability in Oracle shop floor control such as:
o On hand inventory
o Material move transactions
o View discrete orders
• Change nozzle assembly
o Components (top and bottom)
• Lens re centering
• Ability to change cutting parameters and assist engineer in the development of new parameters.
• Lens replacement, cleaning and re focusing
• Aid crew lead when receiving steel if not unloading machines
• Operators must be able to:
o Verify thickness and quantity of steel per shipment order
o Operate FMS
o Enter steel number, quantity, date, length and width of steel in the line controller
o Enter the same information above into Optimation
• Enter orders in line controller
• Diagnose and resolve any FMS alarms
• Periodic checks of steel sizes at the unload table
• Report any machine downtime
• Replace grates every 30 days and perform daily check sheets
• Develop part program with sequences to run parts safely and efficiently
• Call up and modify (if necessary) an existing program to run parts
• Determine proper tooling (dies and punches) to obtain desired angles and radii to meet blueprint specification
• Know the effects of material thickness as tooling is selected
• Understand the effect that one dimension change has on another
• Ability to understand mechanical processes, product processes, and machining and grinding operations
• Understanding of quality control processes and techniques.
• Edit programs
• Properly install and remove tooling and fixture offsets
• Ability to use and change out various tools (i.e. choice of end mills, boring bars, reamers, drills, etc.) (Mill specific)
• Ability to change out grind wheels and dressers specific to grinders
• Ability to understand, maintain and troubleshoot all facets of the powder coating and washer process, including:
• Chemicals for pre treatment,
• Powder application equipment,
• Dry off and cure oven,
• Proper mil thickness and paint cure,
• Maintain wastewater pH system.
• Understand set up and maintain accurate process performance records, i.e. PM Board, Titration Logs, etc.
• Responsible for the chemical management of the washer system including titrations, chemical additions, tank re charging, inventory management.
• Ability to maintain calibration of all equipment.
• Ability to perform light maintenance on paint equipment (i.e. paint gun repair).
• Diagnosis paint problems and communicate recommend solutions to management.
• Ability to hang parts on conveyer line.
• Ability to unload parts off conveyer line.
• Ability to inspect parts to ensure paint quality meets Jacobsen& 8217;s quality standards.
• Ability to perform masking of part features per Jacobsen& 8217;s specification.
• Ability to understand and proper use of all safety equipment and safety features of machines.
• Must be able to obtain AWS/Jacobsen certification in the 2G weld position.
• Demonstrate ability to perform the basic functions and essential duties listed above.
• Practical, written or oral exam may be administered by supervisor or designee.
• Must be able to obtain forklift operator certification.
• May not exceed a written warning in accordance with the company& 8217;s attendance and/or employee counseling report.
• Must be able to obtain AWS /Textron Turf Care and Specialty Products Weld Certification.
• Pass weld assessment test and practical blueprint examination in accordance with requirements set for in WI TR 025.
• Decertification will be considered if the employee reaches a Final Written Warning stage of discipline in the categories of Attendance or Quality of Work.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
••Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor& 8217;s legal duty to furnish information.
••Primary Location•• US Indiana
••Recruiting Company•• Jacobsen: Dixie Chopper
••Schedule•• Full time
••Job Level•• Individual Contributor
••Shift•• First Shift
••Req ID:•• 256030
Please sign in to apply for this job.