Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Departmental Assistant Ozark Facility
••Departmental Assistant, Ozark Facility••
Bell Helicopter is currently looking for a Departmental Assistant to support the Ozark Facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting activities related to the Ozark Facility. This position will report directly to the General Manager and will be located in Ozark, Alabama. There is no relocation offered for this position.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Interact well with others
• Communicate successfully through telephone, face to face and/or email
• Work in a team environment
• Provide extreme attention to detail
All Team Members at Ozark are expected to work together as One Team across functional boundaries. Where qualified and when possible, team members will participate in production activities, to include logistics and kitting, and cabin assembly to insure that a quality product is delivered on time to the customer.
This is a first shift position.
••Primary Position Responsibilities:••
• Greet visitors and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs
• Support and convey any specific or sensitive action or any special subject requirement as directed by leader; ensure "hot" tasks are immediately coordinated
• Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions
• Order supplies and equipment
• Take minutes and maintain records for staff and other meetings
• Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals
• Maintain scheduling and calendars for assigned leaders
• Prepare and submit travel arrangements and expense reports
• Prepare emails to go to all users and maintain historical files of same
• Coordinate calendars for conference rooms and assist with visit planning
• Other duties as assigned
••Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:••
••& 183;•• ••Clerical & 8212;•• ••Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology••
••& 183;•• ••English Language•• ••& 8212; Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar••
• ••Writing•• & 8212; Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
• ••Active Listening•• & 8212; Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• ••Speaking•• & 8212; Talking to others to convey information effectively
• ••Time Management•• & 8212; Managing ones own time and the time of others
• ••Service Orientation•• & 8212; Actively looking for ways to help people
• ••Getting Information•• & 8212; Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
• ••Performing Administrative Activities•• & 8212; Performing day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork
• ••Communicating with Supervisors and Peers•• & 8212; Providing information to supervisors and co workers by telephone, in written form, e mail, or in person
• ••Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships•• & 8212; Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
High School diploma or equivalent.Some college and/or related training desired.
+ 2 years business and/or administrative office experience
+ 50 words per minute typing speed (speed adjusted for accuracy)
+ Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016
+ Applicants will be given a skills assessment to test proficiency with typing speed and Microsoft Office 2016
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some light physical activity may be required.This could require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
••Pay Transparency Policy Statement••
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor& 8217;s legal duty to furnish information.
••Job•• Support Services
••Primary Location•• US Alabama Ozark
••Recruiting Company•• Bell Helicopter
••Schedule•• Full time
••Job Level•• Individual Contributor
••Shift•• First Shift
••Req ID:•• 256487
Departmental Assistant Facility job at Textron
Apply for this Departmental Assistant Ozark Facility position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.