Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
European Field Service Technical Representative
••European Field Service Technical Representative••
Provide technical factory service support of Lycomings products to OEM, distributors, and individual customers through effective communications and field visits. Insure that feedback of service issues reaches the appropriate personnel for effective problem resolution. Maintain familiarity with all engine systems and models. Coordinates service issues with the warranty function as necessary. Recommends changes in procedures, design, equipment or suppliers based on analysis of information received through contact with customers.
• Provide remote or onsite technical guidance and solutions that meet a customer& 8217;s technical needs.
• Collaborate with all Lycoming internal departments to resolve customer product support related issues as necessary.
• Collaborate with accessory suppliers to acquire troubleshooting guidance to prevent the unnecessary field replacement of suspect engine accessories.
• Onsite participation with Development Projects
• Continuous development and recording of troubleshooting information and techniques accessible by all team members.
• Document service events and issues using the existing Oracle Field Service module.
• Participate in team meetings to discuss current events and issues or troubleshoot field service issues that prove difficult to resolve.
• Ensure the timely distribution of a Field Alert when appropriate
• Participate in RAIL meetings as assigned.
• Preserve customer good will and positive image through the development of courteous and effective customer working relationships.
• Conduct field training and technical sessions.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor& 8217;s Degree in a technical field is strongly desired
• Must be a certified A&P Mechanic or EASA equivalent.
• Operate within the boundaries of the Textron Business Conduct Guidelines.
• Must have general working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration and EASA rules and regulations
• Must have a Passport for international travel requirements
• 3 5 years experience in general aviation engine maintenance, operations and assembly is a plus
• Experience in electronically controlled gasoline or common rail Diesel engines is aplus
• Pilots license preferred
• Fluency in English, with effective written and verbal technical communication skills is a must. Fluency in other languages is preferred.
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Teamwork approach; strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills; ability and willingness to travel as necessary
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
••Pay Transparency Policy Statement••
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor& 8217;s legal duty to furnish information.
••Job•• Product Support
••Primary Location•• United States
••Other Locations•• Germany, Germany North Rhine Westphalia
••Recruiting Company•• Textron Systems: Lycoming Engines
••Schedule•• Full time
••Job Level•• Individual Contributor
••Shift•• First Shift
••Req ID:•• 250842
European Field Service Technical Representative job at Textron
Apply for this European Field Service Technical Representative position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.