Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All PAE Jobs
Regional Environmental Safety And Health
Harrison , MI
Location: Selfridge Air National Guard (ANG), Harrison, Michigan.
Candidate must have aviation experience!
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY:
- The Regional Environmental Safety Health (ESH) Coordinator shall assist in the development of Environmental, Safety, and Health programs. Provides instruction in identification and control of workplace hazards in the regional areas assigned. Advises management on status of conformance with established company policies and procedures, to include compliance with Local, State, and Federal, Environmental, Safety, and Health standards and regulations. Assists in evaluating the effectiveness of Environmental, Safety, and Health programs and recommends improvements as required. Regional ESH Coordinator under the direction of the PMO Quality Assurance Standardization and Environmental Safety and Health Manager, performs Environmental, Safety, and Health functions within their regional areas. The Regional ESH Coordinator assists in the training and compliance requirements within their assigned areas of oversight responsibility. Regional ESH Coordinators are responsible for assisting the designated Site ESH Specialist at sites within the assigned region and to fulfill ESH and compliance requirements and other duties as assigned.
- MUST be customer service oriented and possess above average research and communication skills (written and verbal).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assists in the development of policy and procedures to establish safe work practices and conditions consistent with existing Local, State, and Federal standards and regulations.
- Assists in employee indoctrination and site training.
- Assists in the development, monitoring, and presentation of environmental, safety, and health promotional programs for regional area managers and employees to include the development of site specific hazard analysis.
- Monitors and ensures, through the responsible Site Managers, that HAZMAT rules are being enforced.
- Assists in ensuring proper and thorough Environmental recordkeeping is maintained and in accordance with established Local, State, and Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and DS2 Standards.
- Coordinates with Site Managers and the Program Management Office (PMO), in monitoring environmental safety and health matters related to maintenance and support personnel.
- Assists in the development of safety and environmental proposals as a response to government and commercial customer solicitation requirements.
- Performs necessary functions as assigned by the Quality Assurance Standards and Environmental Safety and Health Manager.
- Performs job related special assignments as required.
- Determines the type and quantities of safety and emergency equipment required.
- Maintains working knowledge of complex and technical regulations, including Hazardous Waste Management Plan, OSHA, Hazardous Material Transportation Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and other applicable DS2, state and federal regulations and instructions.
- Interfaces with Public Works engineers and Government to resolve problems with waste management procedures.
- Accompanies Government personnel (base officials, EPA, OSHA compliance/enforcement Inspectors, etc.) when at contractor facilities.
- Establishes all required records including a Chemical Waste Log, Inspection Reports, Training Records, Chemical inventories and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Conducts site environmental, safety and health audits and develops written reports and recommendations.
- Develops and monitors Safety programs to comply with Local, State, Federal, and DS2 requirements. Acts as liaison with representatives of Government Safety, Fire Department, OSHA, and other government organizations.
- Monitors safety trends to recognize problem or hazard areas, and recommend corrective action to management.
- Determines medical surveillance requirements for workers exposed to specific hazards in accordance with OSHA and Government/Company requirements. Tracks physicals and hearing evaluations.
- Determine necessary First Aid supplies, order, control and dispense supplies
- May be required to have a security clearance and passport in the performance of duties.
- Must be a US citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- The Regional Environmental Safety and Health Coordinator shall have at a minimum, an Associate Degree (Bachelors’ Degree in an Environmental Safety and Health discipline is preferred) and six (6) years practical experience (preferably in an aviation environment) in the last ten (10) years in the areas of management, administration, and/or operation of an ESH program. To include experience relevant to receiving, storage, distribution, handling, and disposal of all types of hazardous material(s) utilized at the Contractor’s job sites. The Regional ESH Coordinator shall have at least one (1) year experience in planning, organizing, directing, operating, and evaluating a HAZMAT program for an entire facility; and shall possess working knowledgeable of and experience in Local, State, Federal, and Department of Defense (DoD) regulations pertaining to protection of the environment.
- Must have the ability to interpret regulations from states within their assigned region of responsibility.
- Experienced in writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
The Regional ESH Coordinator should possess the following:
Hazardous Material Training:
- HAZWOPER – 40 hours initial (8 hours annual re-cert)
- DOT Hazardous Waste Material Transportation Training from US DOT / PHMSA
- OSHA 500 - General Industry Safety Course
- OSHA 501 – Construction Industry Safety Course
- Forklift Operator/Instructor Qualified
- Scissor Lift Operator/Instructor Qualified
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
This classification activity is usually accomplished in an office environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office activities. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail; may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, or electrical shock hazards.
SECURITY CLEARANCE AND TRAVEL:
- Must be able to receive a CBP background clearance conducted by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (unexpired passports are required)
Regional Environmental Safety And Health job at PAE
Apply for this Regional Environmental Safety And Health position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.
Over 144,452 Aviation Career Opportunities
Enjoy a sneak peak of the most recent aviation jobs listed in the Avjobs Applicant System. Avjobs has over 144,452
aviation jobs available. 143,368 new jobs have been posted in the last 30 days.
Sign in to view jobs in your area.