Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Avidyne Corporation is leading the general aviation industry in the design and manufacture of innovative and easy-to-use avionics systems. Avidyne products are widely recognized as best-in-class for their ease of use, and their “Flying Made Simple™” system design is intended to make general aviation safer, more accessible, and more enjoyable for pilots and their passengers. Avidyne has facilities in Melbourne, FL, Lincoln, MA, and Westerville, OH.
Avidyne has a robust benefit package for eligible employees to include assistance with costs to obtain your private pilots, IFR, multi and commercial ratings.
Visit our website at www.avidyne.com to learn more about our small, fast paced, dynamic company where you build YOUR future. If you are interested in Avidyne, apply online or send resume to with the Position Title in the subject line.
The Director of Worldwide Dealer Sales will provide the strategic and operational direction for the company’s dealer sales. This person will serve as a key member of the sales management team and help influence and shape the strategic direction of Avidyne.
• Responsible for developing, planning, and implementing the company’s strategic sales plan for the worldwide dealer channel
• Establishes and achieves sales targets in the dealer channel
• Supervises national field sales team
• Manages and grows the product ASP and margins within the dealer channel
• Directs all sales functions and activities to meet company and department goals
• Develops sales team and provides training/development programs to field sales team
• Responsible for the productivity and effectiveness of the sales team
• Develops the company’s dealer training and engagement plan to improve market share in the channel
• Coordinates key activities between sales department and other functional departments such as marketing, engineering, operations, finance and human resources.
• Develops both the short-term and long-term sales plans; including individual salesperson targets
• Generates sales analysis to provide future growth targets and potential
• Sets top-level goals for the field sales team, including, but not limited to, sales dollar targets and expense budgets
• Monitors competitive threats; leads competitive analysis; communicates competitive marketplace strategies
• Collaborates with engineering department in capture of new business opportunities
Skills and Core Competencies:
• Strategic Planning
• Management Leadership
• Problem-solving skills
• Writing sales and product development proposals
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• Strong presentation skills
• Customer focused
• Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent technical degree and experience
• Pilot preferred
• Instrument rated license preferred
• 10+ years sales experience required
• 10+ years customer support and program management required
• Aviation sales or pilot license required
• 10+ years management experience defining, mentoring and growing a productive sales team
• 10+ years account management experience on a regional or national level
• Domestic travel of approximately 50% to 75% per year
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Avidyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.
Please sign in to apply for this job.