Come fly with US
Analyst Resource Optimization
The Analyst for Resource Optimization will serve as the operations resource for optimization, business process re-engineering and analytical modeling of complex business problems. Build and maintain support, operations research, statistical, simulation and spreadsheet models that streamline business processes, promote operational efficiencies, aid evaluate trade-offs and provide for better decision-making that eventually contribute to improved operational robustness and the bottom line of the airline. Coupled with assisting Decision Support initiatives primarily, though not exclusively, in OCC and their implementation. Interface with USAIT, DS, Sabre, user departments and outside vendors to ensure coordinated planning, evaluation and implementation of new decision support systems.
Will need to keep abreast of latest advances in quantitative techniques and IT solutions that solve complex airline business problems. Research current practices, generate options for improvement, test new ideas and help the business unit with implementation. Also, benchmark US Airways’ performance versus other airlines and industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Operation Research, Applied Math, Business Administration or equivalent experience in related field, Masters preferred
- Experience conducting operations research studies and building operations research models using SAS, Arena, AMPL, CPLEX, and Excel (including VBA). Experience with one or more simulation, modeling and programming language such as Arean, CPLEX, Visual Basic, Java
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation and critical thinking ability. Ability to effectively analyze detailed information and complete assigned projects accurately within defined deadlines
- Strong business acumen, technical learning/innovation management and a drive for results
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and in written presentation form
- Demonstrated ability to perform both independently and as a team member, handle multiple assignments, complete projects on time and perform under pressure and respond to changing priorities
US Airways offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including worldwide travel privileges, tuition assistance, 401(k), medical benefits and endless opportunities to advance.
Please visit our website to submit your resume.
Qualified candidates should apply online for Job 102284.
EOE Drug Test Required