location on map is approximate
Quality Manager - Chief Inspector
The Quality Manager / Chief Inspector is responsible for the overall inspection operation of the Quality Department, Library and as such, will have the final authority in the releasing to service of accessories and the component parts thereof. He/she must be certified under 14 CFR Part 65. In addition, the Quality Manager/Chief Inspector is responsible for directing, planning and laying out the details of inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the repair station in complying with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, Manufacturer's specifications and recommendations.
- Three (3) years managerial level experience in QC functions in a FAA 145 Repair Station or Aerospace manufacturing position or Bachelor degree in engineering/technology or related field. Masters Degree a plus.
- Airframe & Powerplant License (A&P) a plus
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with government regulatory agencies such as FAA or DOT. Knowledge of FARs.
- Demonstrable AS9100 experience, knowledge of ISO 9001, knowledge of JIT a plus.
- Ability to research, document, write, and improve quality policies, system level procedures, process procedures, and supporting forms.
- Ability to lead, mentor, train, supervise and provide guidance to Quality Control Inspectors.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Visio. Chrystal Report skills a plus.
- Ability to fluently speak and write in the English language
- Strong problem solving skills relating to quality analysis, corrective action and implementation.
- Logical thought processes, excellent attention to detail, ability to conceptualize and implement innovative cost effective quality assurance solutions.
- Positive interpersonal skills dealing with co-workers, suppliers, customers and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent analytical and system thinking, effective in presenting such analysis and thinking to constituents in multiple levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and/or experience in quality standards and safety management.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.