We recently had a chance to visit this website with some pretty good little tricks for general aviation pilots.
We all know it is very easy to make a mistake in aviation when numbers are involved. Todays flight computers and glass cockpits provide us with a plethora of numbers to help us do our job, and provided we are able to cross check them, this is quite useful. When it is not so useful is when the numbers are wrong due to a wrong entry or malfunction and we don't recognize the problem.
This website is a collection of mental math tricks to get a rough answer while flying and to crosscheck the answers given by a flight computer or GPS. All the tricks are roughly organized into the tabs above based on what phase of flight you might first use them.
Give this site a read, and you just may end up bookmarking it!
AVIATION AD NETWORK AD SERVER PLATFORM UPDATE NOTICE
We are pleased to announce the next major release of the Aviation Ad Network. This release includes the much anticipated "Global Edition" so many of our users have been waiting for (and other great features as well).
To support our international users, we added a host of features that revolve around the international use case. From servicing various tax centers for VAT, to changing the operating currency.
As always, we encourage all Aviation Ad Network users to review and update their advertising campaigns and publisher code implementations to this release. You can review and update your account by logging into your Aviation Ad Network account and selecting the appropriate options.
Some of What's New in Aviation Ad Network (20 SEP 2013)
- Support for Invoicing Advertisers - Invoices are now created with every payment received from an advertiser. We've also added the ability to post an invoice to an advertisers account that an advertiser can then reference when wiring funds, or mailing a check / cheque.
- Day Parting - Advertisers can select what day of the week their campaign will show. If an advertiser wants their campaign to run only on Fridays, they can do that.
- Time Parting - Advertisers can also select what times they want their campaign to show. If an advertiser wants their ad to show between 2PM and 5PM on Friday, and 1PM and 4PM all other days of the work week, they can do that.
- Domain Blocking - If an advertiser is also a publisher, or if an advertiser simply does not want their advertising efforts to appear on a specific site, this feature allows Advertisers to block their ads from appearing on domain names they provide.
A Small Business Guide for Aviation Ad Network
So you've got a business, you want to advertise online and you've got a small budget. What to do?
Aviation Ad Network, Avjobs online keyword-driven, pay-per-click advertising gives small businesses the opportunity to get the word out about their product or service to targeted groups of people. Even with a small budget (as little as $5!).
Aviation Ad Network is extremely beneficial. Here's why:
You can do the following with Aviation Ad Network:
- Control your budget
- Choose where your ad appears
- Set your cost-per-click (CPC) price point
- Track the success of your ad campaigns
- Get charged only when someone clicks on the ad, not just when it appears in a browser window
- Have ads appear along with content that matches your company. For example, if you sell hangar door openers and someone searches for "hangar doors," your ad would be most likely to appear.
- Reach new customers you otherwise wouldn't reach
All ads appear on high-quality aviation websites that partner with the Aviation Ad Network. How high in the list your ad appears depends on how closely your keywords match a user's search term, and how much you're willing to pay for each click.
So how do you get started with Aviation Ad Network? Simply follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Create Your First Ad
Creating an ad is quick. You can choose a text ad or display ad. The display ads appear as graphics with text.
- Go to: https://www.avjobs.com/adnetwork/
- Click the button that says "Create Your Ad"
Enter your information (name your ad, choose an ad type, enter your ad information)
- Choose a text ad, text ad with small image or Image banner ad.
- Choose a headline – The headline appears in bold and is used to grab the reader's attention, so try to hook the reader with this line. The headline must be 40 characters or fewer.
- Fill in description line number one – This line provides additional information from the headline. If you were browsing for your product, what would make you click on the link with the intent to buy? You don't want to trick people to come to your site, so make sure you can deliver on any promises you make. Traffic doesn't always translate to sales. You can use up to 40 characters on this line.
- Fill in description line number two – This is a place to add additional information that may not have fit on the first line. You can also use a call-to-action tag here, such as "save 25% if you order today." You have 40 characters to use on this line as well.
- Display URL is where you put your address for your website as you want it to appear. Leave out the "http://" and simply use "www.yoursite.com" for appearance sake.
- Destination URL is the actual destination to your website. The http:// is already in the drop box. You can also choose https://. In the blank box, fill in the rest of your website address. Be sure the link is working properly. You don't want to pay for clicks that don't actually land on your website due to a typo.
- Carefully review the ad preview. You may want to enlist the help of another person to check for typos or grammatical errors.
- Click the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page.
Avjobs Aviation Ad Network "Get Started"
Step 2: Target Your Audience
- This is where you can select the countries you would like to target with your ad. If you would rather not target any particular countries, imply select 'No Country Targeting'. If you would like to select specific US States and Market Regions, select ONLY United States from the Available Countries. You can always change it later.
- You will also want to select the Content Channel for the type of broad-reach content that relates to your advertisement. The "Default Channel" will be selected by default. You should leave this selection checked for the widest reach. You can always change it later.
- Keywords and Phrases are used to deliver your advertisement on search results and related content pages. Include as many keywords and phrases that are related to your campaign or simply leave this section blank. You can always change it later.
Step 3: Activate Your Account
If you like the way the ad looks and you want to run it, you'll need to create an account and fund it. To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your budget and funding information.
Cost Per Click - We use a proxy-bidding system. This means you only pay your Maximum CPC if you are not the highest bidder
Daily Budget - Because our network is extremely dynamic, your placement can change dramatically from second to second. To be sure you do not use your entire monthly budget in just a few days, you can set an Average Daily Budget. Simply enter your chosen amount and we'll show your ad until your budget is met for the day.
Funding Your Account - specify your payment type and billing information to activate your account and start running your ads.
Jefferson Community and Technical College
Jefferson Community and Technical College, a part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), is accepting applications for an Instructor in the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program located at Shawnee High School in Louisville. This is a second shift position working Monday thru Friday 2:30PM to 10:30PM.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1.This faculty position for aviation provides the leadership necessary to work cooperatively with the JCPS system and JCTC school faculties, administrative teams, and appropriate units within the District and College to implement all aspects of the aviation program in relation to instruction, record keeping, tools, equipment, and supplies needs as well as assist the coordinator as required.
2.This position will be responsible for teaching Aviation Maintenance courses within the technical program to postsecondary students. Other duties include academic advising, course and curriculum development, institutional service, community service, leadership and professional development.
3.Maintain accurate and up-to-date records according to all JCPS, JCTC, and FAA policies and regulations.
4.Report necessary shop and equipment maintenance needs to assure that all required equipment is in good working order, meets FAA certification requirements, and is ready for instructional use.
5.Teach classes as assigned by the program coordinator and facilitate the smooth operation of all aspects of the aviation program.
6.Document all absences and keep other student and program records as requested by the program coordinator.
7.Performs other duties as assigned by the designated supervisor.
1.FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certification. (Required)
2.All applicants must meet FAA Licensure/Certification requirements for the occupation. (Required)
3.Five (5) years successful work experience in the AMT field as a FAA certified technician. (Preferred)
4.FAA Inspection Authorization. (Preferred)
5.Associate’s degree with courses in Math, Science, or aviation. (Preferred)
6.Three (3) years of successful teaching in the field of aviation maintenance or other related experiences. (Preferred)
Date Opened: 06/20/13Date Closes: 07/05/13
The screening process will begin 07/08/13. The posting may be extended if additional candidates are needed. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
KY State Law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Apply on line at our website:
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.