Strategies Aviation Applicants can use right now during the COVID-19 global pandemic to stay current.
- Take this time to focus on yourself, your professional growth and your career journey
- Set self-improvement goals and how to achieve them – think education, career development, interview skills, relationships and networking, clearing your mind and de-stressing yourself
- Fine tune your job search toolkit – Update Your Avjobs Master Profile and Resume, craft a cover letter template, quantify all your professional accomplishments
- Use your Avjobs account to view job descriptions for keywords and verbiage you can use to reboot your resume
- Illustrate how you have added value in all employment roles
- Use the Avjobs Practice Interview to build your interview skills and get comfortable talking about your accomplishments
- Keep applying for jobs as companies are still hiring and building pipelines for future jobs
- Be patient and know you may not receive a response
- Prepare for virtual and remote interviews
- Know that part time or temporary work can open up more doors and lead to full time work
- Build your professional brand and image to boost your career
- Spend time to craft your 30-60 second elevator pitch
- Clean up your online profiles and use professional photos
- Reach out to your community and network with people in your role of interest
- Grow your online presence and follow companies and experts on social media and make connections to strengthen your personal brand
- Claim your Free Avjobs Applicant Account to take advantage of our resources available
- And of course be patient and remain optimistic
CLAIM YOUR FREE MONTH NOW
Check out the new Avjobs Aviation Jobs Channel on Apple News
Avjobs Aviation Jobs Channel on Apple News
The Avjobs Aviation Jobs Channel is only available in Apple News.
To view this channel, open the link on an iOS device with iOS 9 or later or a Mac with macOS 10.14 or later and Apple News.
Learn more about Avjobs Aviation Jobs Channel on Apple News
Start your Job Search and Resume Hosting FREE 30 Day Trial
Think about your future in a whole new way. Think Avjobs.com.
Now is a great time to enjoy Avjobs. Help us match your experience with job postings and recommend your resume to hiring managers. Applicants that create a professional, job-ready resume with Avjobs Resume Builder get more attention from hiring managers and get hired faster.
Want to try Avjobs free? Experience what Avjobs is all about. Find out more now.
Within a trio of executive moves in a bid to accelerate key global partnerships and capabilities, the current CEO of Embraer Commercial Aviation and executive vice president of Embraer S.A, John Slattery, has been appointed as president and CEO for the commercial and aviation services joint venture between Boeing and Embraer. The appointment is subject to formal appointment by the joint venture's Board of Directors after closing. Once approved, Slattery will report to B. Marc Allen as the chair of the new company's board of directors. Slattery will be based in Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil.
Slattery joined Embraer in 2011 as senior vice president responsible for customer finance, asset and risk management. He was named president and chief executive officer of Embraer Commercial Aviation and executive vice president of Embraer S.A. in 2016. Prior to Embraer, he spent 15 years in executive roles in commercial aviation advisory, leasing and banking organizations.
At the same time, Boeing has announced B. Marc Allen, the current president of Boeing International, as senior vice president of Boeing and president of Embraer Partnership and Group Operations. Reporting to Boeing Chairman, President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg. Meanwhile, Sir Michael Arthur, current president of Boeing Europe and managing director of Boeing U.K. and Ireland, will succeed Allen as president of Boeing International. The change is effective April 22.
Embraer is accepting resumes and actively recruiting. View Embraer jobs and career information. Find your next great career opportunity at Embraer. Send your resume today.
Avjobs is the job site for all things in aviation. The job listings for aviation professionals, specifically, are published in their newsletter, as well as the jobs section of the site. Employers can post an unlimited number of jobs, and add an unlimited number of users to their account. If you’re hiring for an aviation professional, Avjobs is a great place to start to reach registered and targeted aviation professionals.
View Employer Plans and Pricing
Avjobs.com is a resource that brings together employers and employees in the aviation industry (Simply put, we tell you exactly who is hiring and where - right now!). Our Job Search System is for anyone looking for aviation related industry employment at any level. Please visit our website for additional Aviation Employment Assistance and information. Due to the overwhelming amount of resumes we receive we have implemented an application process to help us manage and track all applicants interested in employment within the industry. This system allows us to keep all applicants organized while maximizing the applicant's visibility to our recruiters. You will need to visit our website and sign into the Applicant System, members.avjobs.com , to apply for positions you are interested in. Please be aware that you will not be considered for any position until you have applied via our Applicant Website. Additionally, completing your master profile in our system will allow you to keep us updated in your career progress and it will also ensure your resume and interest will remain active and visible to our recruiters. Please visit members.avjobs.com Applicant System - From here, first complete the master profile and follow the instructions for the Jobs you are interested in. After completing the master profile and submitting your application for the Jobs you are interested in, please remember your user id (email) and password for returning to our site.