At Avjobs, we want to make sure our aviation applicants stand out from the rest! There are several things we can recommend to all aviation applicants and we offer even more tips to our active applicants. A resume is always a work in progress and it’s vital to review your resume periodically to be sure you are always marketing yourself the best you can.
Here are a few tips:
- Keep a notebook and write down any new accomplishments, projects, volunteer work, responsibilities, skills, training etc. and update your resume as necessary
- Be sure to distinguish yourself from everyone else doing the same job
- Give specifics of what you do
- Include key statistics, numbers, quotas overachieved etc.
- Check for typos and grammar issues
- Use compelling action verbs
Do you need a cohesive resume format that aviation employers love? The Avjobs Resume Builder is just that and helps you layout all your aviation training, flight hours, employment, military history, education and pilot and mechanical experience. Active applicant members can call for a free Avjobs resume review and feedback once you have completed all 6 sections of the resume builder.