Lead Component Shop Featured
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Lead Component Shop job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Assists the Supervisor Component Shop in scheduling repair/overhaul work for the various shops. Performs repair tasks and leads others in carrying out repairs and overhauls.
- Assists the Supervisor Component Shop in making work assignments within area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all repairs and overhauls to components and accessories are carried out in accordance with FAA and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) repair procedures and policies and ensures conformance to prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Works with and provides instruction and on-the-job training to assigned personnel.
- Carries out diagnostic repair and overhaul tasks along with technicians and specialists observing approved and prescribed procedures.
- Personally carries out or assists specialists in carrying out technically complex repairs.
- Ensures that assigned technicians specialists and trainees use appropriate manual references and proper tools in performing their repair duties.
- Monitors quality of work in progress as well as performance to production schedule ; works with Supervisor Component Shop to implement ways to remedy behind schedule conditions.
- Spot checks work packages to see that all documentation has been completed ; assists in the maintenance of records and technical data required by the FAA.
- Monitors and tracks parts shortages ; assists supervisor in planning work-arounds to alleviate shortage conditions.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
- High School/ GED
- A P license preferred relevant experience or repairman certificate may substitute for A P license.
- IT Tools : e.g.: MS Office Internet Component Control Lotus Notes
- .Advanced Technician Role requiring Advanced Skills to perform all standard tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally at least 5-7 years of experience with electrical and avionics systems and performing avionics systems repairs and installation.
- FAA repair station experience.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Standard aircraft wiring practices
- Light sheet metal fabrication
- Blueprint and wiring diagrams
- Electrical components
- Soldering techniques
- Proficient in electronic/Avionic test equipment
- Electronic/Avionic Troubleshooting skills
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
Personal and behavioural requirements:
Accountability Pride Strong Interpersonal Skills Team Player Trust Use Sound Judgement Show Work Commitment Act with Integrity.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.