Lead A P Technician Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Lead A P Technician job at Embraer in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Lead AP Technicianisresponsible to the Manager Maintenance Operations for the overallutilization of his area to include the supervision of production personnel.
- To ensure safe work practices are followed.
- To plan direct and coordinate the activities of his areas so as to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency.
- To provide training and to assist subordinates in the proper procedures methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty.
- To make available to personnel the necessary overhaul manuals service bulletins airworthiness directive and other required technical data.
- The maintaining of all equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition.
- For ascertaining that all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible person.
- The proper handling of all parts while in repair process.
- The preservation of all units or parts during process through the facility and after work is completed.
- The initiation of requisitions for stock and materials as required.
- The Lead Technician will be properly certificated in accordance with FAR Part 65.
- In his absence all duties of the Lead Technician may be delegated by him to any qualified personnel as necessary. However such delegation does not relieve him of the overall responsibilities.
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems pneumatic systems plumbing precision assemblies rigging and controls etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Repairs reworks and modifies worn or defective assemblies making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- HS Diploma or GED required
- An Associate Degree or Technical Certification is most common at this level and may be
- FAA required within certain Technical Areas.
- Journeyman Technician Role requiring Intermediate Skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the technical area assigned to.
- A P License
- Airframe and Power plant certificates required
- FCC General Operators License a plus
- Master Technician Role requiring Expert skills to perform all standard and emerging tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally at least 8 years of experience or greater in area of responsibility in aircraft maintenance activities or substantiated equivalent experience.
- Recent depot level aircraft maintenance and repair experience is required (repair of mechanical systems components hydraulics pneumatics plumbing rigging etc.); proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturers technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
- Desired: Prior experience in executive jet repair facility and prefer Embraer 145 and or Legacy experience.
- 5 -7 years supervisory/management position with heavy maintenance or MRO.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Assignments require Advanced Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical area as well as a strong understanding of External Regulations and Functional Work Standards that affect Technical Requirements and Outputs.
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the Technician Function Status Quo.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a safe and professional manner.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while ensuring quality work.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their uses repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing troubleshooting installing and equipment maintenance.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.