FBO General Manager Featured
- Monroe, Louisiana
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
FBO General Manager job at Avflight Corporation in Monroe LA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Avflight is seeking a General Manager for the Monroe, LA location. Avflight operates a network of strategically-located full-service FBOs on two continents. At each Avflight FBO patrons receive aircraft and customer care provided by hand-selected, experienced aviation professionals.
This position is responsible for compliance of all aspects of company policies within the day-to-day operation of the FBO Department including customer relations, line operations, accounting, health, safety and environmental functions, as well as planning and coordinating activities for the sale and provision of general aviation activities such as fuel and hangar rental.
This individual will provide day to day support, leadership and direction to facilitate safe, reliable service. Lead by example, exemplifying integrity, professionalism and excellent communication skills. Motivate team to achieve results while managing people fairly and with respect. Promote a positive team environment and be totally committed to the importance of serving both internal and external customers.
• Manage people and facilities in accordance with owner’s policies and applicable State and Federal laws and regulations;
• Financial management of the FBO including gross margins, capital expenditures, budgeting, forecasting and expense management;
• Conduct ongoing competitive analysis to include pricing, selling points and product offerings;
• Create new opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with customers and the local airport administration;
• Interview, hire, and train employees; conduct merit and performance reviews; plan, assign, and direct work while ensuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained; address employee relations issues;
• Ensure employees receive company communications and necessary training to include safety, customer service standards, company values, etc. as well as ensuring training and development of employees to improve work performance and maximize employee potential;
• “Hands-on” day-to-day management of all FBO operations.
• Other duties as required.
• 4 year college degree in Aviation or related study and/or equivalent professional experience
• Understanding of business acumen, profit and loss statements, budgets and operations
• Complete on the job Manager in Training Program
• Candidate must be willing to relocate
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft products; Word, Excel, Power Point and web-based applications
• Must be able to effectively present information to top management, subordinates, public groups, and/or boards via telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Must possess the competencies of leadership, entrepreneurship, negotiation, influence, operational decision making and customer service
• Must be willing to travel
• Willingness to relocate a plus
Apply online at www.avflight.com or email resume and salary requirements to
Avflight Corporation Company Overview
Avflight is a privately-owned international company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, serving the aviation industry with a tradition of innovation for the past 20+ years. Thank you for your interest in joining the Avflight family! At Avflight, we hire team members who are driven to provide exemplary service and are passionate about aviation. Sound like you?