Sr Aircraft Technician Mechanical For Industry Hot
- Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Job ID
Sr Aircraft Technician Mechanical For Industry job at AAA AEROSPACE USA in Hattiesburg MS
Description, duties, responsibilities
Perform detailed inspection assembly installation repair or replacement of aircraft components and systems maintenance or refurbishing of aircraft and function check of components. Conduct operational checks of complete systems to verify proper functioning of components and systems. Diagnose malfunctions or failures and make adjustments repairs or replacements of parts or components.
This assignment is expected to be approximately 6-12 months in duration.
- Provide aircraft maintenance support for new helicopter completions and deliveries STC development aircraft training fleet and demonstrations.
- Perform detailed assembly installation repair replacement adjustment and alignment of parts and components.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose malfunctioning systems and components to determine corrective action required to assure safety and airworthiness of aircraft.
- Perform aircraft disassembly and reassembly as required for aircraft movement may include loading/offloading aircraft to/from trailer.
- Perform track and balancing of rotor systems and vibration analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring physical security of aircraft. Ensure aircraft is detailed and prepared for delivery or displays.
- Conduct applicable airframe calendar/hourly inspections hidden damage inspections of airframe structures and sub-assemblies.
- Perform operational and functional checks of structures systems and/or components as required.
- Observe foreign object damage/debris (FOD) tool control and calibrated tool policies.
- Update applicable maintenance tracking program. Monitor and forecast for upcoming maintenance and assure timely compliance with inspections. Ensure compliance with production and repair station policies / procedures / forms and FAA Regulations.
Coordination/Customer Interface: 10%
- Interface with the customer at conventions demonstrations and deliveries.
- Coordinate receiving and storage of customer furnished equipment in accordance with company procedures and compliance to government standards when applicable.
- Organize internal resources across functional departments to ensure availability of aircraft.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six years or more aviation maintenance experience
- Helicopter maintenance experience
- Airbus Helicopter airframe experience
- Safran Turbomeca engine experience
- Pratt and Whitney engine experience
- Current FAA A&P license (strongly preferred)
- Inspection Authorization(IA)
Knowledge Skills Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Background in aviation maintenance on like type aircraft and systems. General knowledge of standard practices and troubleshooting methods.
- Management skills ability to multi-task and handle high volume workloads.
- Understand customer expectations enthusiastic to support others and achieve the highest level of customer service.
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel.
Communication Skills (Spoken Written Influencing Proficiency in Other Languages):
- English written and spoken required.
- 30% Domestic and International
- US Person under ITAR definition (U.S. Citizen green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
Decision Making Complexity:
- Will need to be able to determine when an issue should be elevated to the next level of management for support.
- Must be able to work independently and plan the work to fit cost and schedule.
- This position will work under a lead technician but report to the Manager Industry
- Exempt: 0
- Non-exempt: 0
Job Dimensions Contributions to Success:
- Technicians have direct contact with internal and external customers. They will be responsible for performing maintenance and inspections on company and customer owned aircraft. This position requires a professional individual who is knowledgeable trustworthy and personable with a customer and company advocacy mindset.
Nature of Contacts:
- Internal: Technicians pilots quality inspectors leads supervisors planners schedulers sales representatives marketing representatives technical representatives program managers
- External: Customers Directors of Maintenance FAA
- Moderate Communication on a daily Basis with internal and external parties
- Onsite: 70%
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens able to read documents reports and engineering drawings on a daily basis.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms on a daily basis.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings deliver information and participate in communications on a daily basis.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer telephone copies fax machine and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts tugs helilifts carts and ground support equipment on a daily basis.
- Carrying: able to carry documents tools drawings electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs on a daily basis.
- Lifting: able to lift documents tools drawings electronic equipment up to 50lbs/23kgs on a daily basis. Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools. Able to push/pull aircraft with ground wheels on a daily basis. Able to turn rotors by hand on a daily basis.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings working on computer.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice. Must be able to fly in the aircraft on a daily basis.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes but is not limited to Safety Shoes Safety Glasses Hearing Protection Respirators/Masks and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site
Powered by JazzHR
AAA AEROSPACE USA Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.