Airport Security Officer Featured
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Job ID
Airport Security Officer job at ACTS AVIATION SECURITY in Minneapolis MN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Join a Global Leader in Aviation Security!
ACTS Airport Services has immediate full-time openings for Aviation Security Officers at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport. ACTS offers competitive wages and benefits including medical dental and vision insurance 401(k) with company match and paid vacations and holidays.
ACTS Airport Services a subsidiary of ACTS-Aviation Security is a part of ICTS Europe a global aviation security solutions organization with over 16000 aviation security professionals operating in 23 countries. ACTS specializes in the provision of aviation security and customer experience solutions and is one of the leading providers of aviation security and customer experience services in the United States.
Aviation Security Officers are an integral part of ensuring our nation s air transportation network is secured. ACTS aviation security officers are committed to delivering our mission to be the most trusted aviation security provider in the United States and are responsible for the safety and security of the airports they protect. Apply today to join the global leader in aviation security.
Aviation Security Officers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the airport where they work although not an exhaustive list these are a few of them:
- Control access to restricted areas of airport only allowing access to authorized individuals
- Screen and log persons and/or vehicles accessing restricted areas
- Control access and conduct vehicle inspections at perimeter access points to the Airport s secured areas
- Conducted vehicle inspections at entries into non-secure areas deemed vulnerable
- Conduct screening of employees vendors visitors and belongings utilizing x-ray machines hand wands and/or magnetometers
- Conduct random employee/vendor screening and visual inspection of belongings
- Access control at employee checkpoints
- Monitor and secure exit lanes from sterile area to public area of airport
- Monitoring and controlling curbside traffic including pedestrian management
- Interior terminal parking lot and/or perimeter airfield patrols
- Provide escorts and security for construction of runways taxiways and terminals/concourses
- Issuing temporary badges to visitors
- Monitor airfield permits
- CCTV and alarm systems monitoring and response
- Respond to incidents and emergencies
- Security presence and controlling access for Federal Inspection Stations
- Escort international passengers to Customs and Border Patrol
- Provide passenger assistance
- Prepare Incident/Occurrence Reports for any incident or event that directly involves customer complaints/concerns safety/security or operational issues/events;
- Officers report safety concerns security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their airports.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Aviation Security Officers.
- Be aware of and familiar with the airport-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have at least two (2) years verifiable previous contract security military or law enforcement experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record necessary for some positions
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration;
- Must be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check as required by the Transportation Security Administration
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Aviation Security Officers
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in reading writing and speaking English and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance to ensure avoidance of unpredictable frequent and/or ongoing tardiness.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position thus must be physically capable of standing or walking an entire shift able to lift a 25lb fire extinguisher capable of lifting a child or assist the lifting of handicapped individuals.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Security Mindset take pride in keeping the skies safe and the flights secure
- Trust - keeping promises and speaking the truth.
- Customer Focused - the willingness to listen and the duty to act promptly and appropriately.
- Team Spirit - integrity experience collaboration and open communication.
- Innovation creativity seeking new ideas continuous improvement though anticipating change and adapting to it.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties responsibilities and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
ACTS is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin veteran status disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
ACTS AVIATION SECURITY Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.