Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Business Line Government
Position Title Engineer 2
United States of America - Connecticut
AECOM is actively seeking a junior level Engineer to provide support COLUMBIA Class and VIRGINIA Class submarines Non-Propulsion Electronics System (NPES)/C5I System Design Manager as part of the Navy On-site Team at the shipbuilder site (Electric Boat – Groton CT). Tasking shall include:
1. Provide on-site support at the Groton Shipbuilder participating in VA Class and COLUMBIA Class ship construction planning. Support to include participation in shipbuilder design/build teams (participation at MATs and SIT meetings) construction schedule critical item activity scheduling and critical path analyses identification and resolution of GFE/GFI related issues and action items participation in the SIE design and delivery process including structure inspections at Quonset Point participation in GFE pre-delivery inspections participation in Joint Test Group (JTG) inspections of construction completion for ship interfaces of NPES equipment.
2. Review/inspect GFI and GFE deliveries from the PARMs prior to delivery to the ship builder
3. Participate in the SIE design and delivery process and support of JTG inspections
4. Participate in the design/build process
5. Conduct other tasks as assigned by PMS 450E/PMS397E
+ Bachelors degree in Engineering or related scientific field. Two years of job-related experience may be substituted for each year of college.
+ At least 3 years of submarine shipbuilding construction experience
+ Knowledge and ability to perform investigations and analyses of design and manufacturing deficiencies
+ Knowledge and ability to interpret submarine shipbuilding specifications and other required military and federal documents necessary for submarine design and construction
+ Knowledge of how to conduct risk assessments and propose mitigating actions
+ An active Government Security Clearance i.e. an in-scope Background Investigation with Access having been granted within the previous two years at the SECRET level
+ Organizational skills technical management skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work.
+ Self-motivated possess analytical skills and be customer-oriented.
+ Effective communication both verbal and written.
+ Familiarity with computer hardware and software; proficiency in MS Office Suite including MS Project
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. Its a place where you can apply your skills to some of the worlds most challenging interesting and meaningful projects worldwide. Its a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. Its what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM employees safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work display the highest level of safe behavior and actively participate in AECOMs Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes including those submitted to hiring managers are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 172331BR
Engineer 2 job at AECOM
Apply for this Engineer 2 position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!