Part time or Full time Airfield Safety Instructor Featured
- Chicago, Illinois
- Hourly $30.00 - $40.00
- Job ID
Part time or Full time Airfield Safety Instructor job at ASSET LLC in Chicago IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Our instructors are responsible for
- Developing training programs tailored to each airport’s needs
- Instructing all airport employees on the complexities of an airfield.
- Developing, administering and grading exams concerning class topics.
- Conducting research in the development of training materials.
- Interacting with airport operators to understand each airport’s needs.
- Maintaining accurate records using computer programs.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working at a large hub airport.
- Airfield driving experience preferably with advanced privledges
- Experience as a trainer or instructor preferably in an aviation or safety related field.
- Excellent speaking skills and the ability to relate to their audience.
- Knowledge in the fields of aviation and airfield safety.
- Knowledge in FAR Part 139 requirements.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Live near or in the Chicago Metro Area or be willing to relocate.
- Airfield construction or construction knowledge preferred.
- 4-year degree preferred but not required
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in Construction Safety Phasing Plan (CSPP) is a plus.
ASSET LLC is looking to hire an individual with experience teaching airport safety. This individual must be dependable, flexible and highly safety oriented. The individual must be able to work various hours due to the 24/7 airport environment. You will be responsible for training both new and experienced employees on how to navigate the airport in a safe manner. The employees being trained have differing levels of access and training is tailored to each group’s needs. The main focus of our training is to emphasize the importance of preventing surface incidents and runway incursions. The instructor will be responsible for researching airport safety topics, developing training programs, and presenting this information in a classroom like setting. This individual must stay current on FAA training requirements in order to keep material up to date. This person will enter training records into a database that is monitored and inspected by airport operators along with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The individual must work closely with colleagues in the development of training material. This person will be responsible in directing employees as to which type of training needs to be completed for their airfield assignment. The individual will be required to answer phones and direct queries to the proper personnel. This person must have great ‘people’ skills.
Please submit your resume in person at the O’Hare Training complex or by email to Please call Cassandra @ 312-656-7622 with any questions.
ASSET LLC Company Overview
ASSET LLC is a family owned company, located in Chicago, specializing in Airfield Driver Training. ASSET LLC. strives to provide airports with the most up to date, comprehensive, airport specific training material available. ASSET’s goal is to educate all users on the complexities of the airport environment. We believe it is vital that anyone with access to the AOA be properly trained. Our main goal is to eliminate Runway Incursions. This training is conducted in a classroom setting, which allows for interaction between our experienced instructors and the individuals attending class.