Senior Flight Engineer Hot
- North Chicago, Illinois
- Job ID
Senior Flight Engineer job at AbbVie in North Chicago IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
AbbVie s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology oncology neuroscience eye care virology women s health and gastroenterology in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on TwitterFacebookInstagramYouTube and LinkedIn.
- Perform maintenance preventive maintenance inspections engine runs and taxi operations that conform to the standards established by the Company regulations and industry best practices
- Availability to work nights weekends or flexible hours as determined by flight schedule (24/7 Operation)
- Ability to optimize aircraft dispatch reliability and operational availability through the role of Flight Engineer during international travel
- Act as passenger service provider and safety coordinator. Requires training in evacuation procedures medical aid passenger service and food handling procedures
- Ensure cabin configuration and associated management functions are performed in accordance with Departmental policies and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of all onboard passenger service equipment to include DVD player SatCom Aircell BBML and Airshow systems and applications
- Oversee that work performed by contract maintenance facilities is accomplished and properly documented in accordance with FAA and AbbVie department requirements
- Provide active participation in the Department Safety Management System (SMS) and involvement in obtaining bi-annual certification through IS-BAO (International Standard Business Aircraft Operations).
- Assist in maintaining spare parts inventory; including ordering shipping and receiving.
- Associates Degree (Bachelor s Degree preferred - Education may be substituted through experience)Ten years of business aviation maintenance and avionics experience
- FAA Airframe and Power plant certificate required Inspection Authorization preferred
- NCATT certification preferred
- Ten years of business aviation maintenance and avionics experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race color religion national origin age sex (including pregnancy) physical or mental disability medical condition genetic information gender identity or expression sexual orientation marital status protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
AbbVie Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.