Field Support Engineer Urgent
- Orlando, Florida
- Annual Salary $40,000.00 - $60,000.00
- Job ID
Field Support Engineer job at Absen Inc in Orlando FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to: Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Job Description: The Field Support Engineer will perform a variety of complex technical tasks needed to install, maintain, demo, test and repair LED video wall systems.
- Provide technical advice regarding the technology and engineering of our products to promote, support, and service the sale of our products.
- Utilize field experience to support R&D efforts in the improvement of Absen products
- Provide installations and post-sale support services to customers
- Support sales representatives by providing technical knowledge to clients and potential clients.
- Coordinate the return of customer material back to company for repair.
- Assess potential application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer needs
- Provide technical training to customers
- Use technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales and support services
- Provide support in both pre and post-sales
- Assist with root cause analysis of failed components from the field
- Field and manage support calls as assigned
- Complete applicable administration in relation to the above related activities
- Travel to customer sites as needed to coordinate duties listed above
- Management of assigned tasks
- Performs all other tasks assigned that the employee is capable of performing
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable parts
- Thorough understanding of parts’ roots and relationship to other parts
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to work with a high level of integrity with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with customers in a professional manner
- Expert level service professional with ability to work with a high level of integrity and with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to use sound independent judgment
- Advanced computer and networking skills
- Must be willing and able to travel 80% of the time
- Trouble-shooting skills related to electronics
- Ability to operate digital and analog oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, pulse generators, meters and other electronic instruments
- Ability to work from schematics or rough sketches
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs consecutively
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in either Computer Science, Engineering or other technical related area
- 3-5 years’ minimum experience or equivalent technical training
- 6-10+ years of LED/AV service and support experience
- Trouble-shooting skills related to electrical hardware and computer software
- AV industry or CTS certification a plus
- Orlando Warehouse
- Frequent travel required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency of fluency in additional languages is preferred but not required
Absen Inc Company Overview
Absen America Absen America is the US subsidiary of Absen, a leading LED display manufacturer. Since 2013 Absen America has expanded its U.S. team by hiring local industry experts with extensive knowledge of market conditions, client needs and industry standards. We provide our clients with high quality, innovative LED products at a great value. This combination of fantastic products with a knowledgeable sales team allows us to offer turnkey solutions with outstanding client experiences. With our growing American staff, we offer 24/7 service and support across the nation. Being part of the global Absen team, our service representatives experience the LED manufacturing process from the point of creation and understand all aspects of design, performance, and maintenance. Technical issues are dealt with promptly, professionally and with precision. With hundreds of installations across the USA, Absen America has quickly become the LED manufacturer of choice for a variety of prestigious projects. Highlights include sporting venues for the NBA, MLS, and NBC; casino installations for MGM Grand and Caesars Palace; premier events including the Ultra Music Festival, Comic-con, and the Emmys; and digital signage in the heart of NYCs Times Square.