Aerospace Product Development Engineer Featured
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Aerospace Product Development Engineer job at Advanced Cooling Technologies in Lancaster PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Product Development Engineer
Who We Are:
Advanced Cooling Technologies Inc. (ACT) is a premier thermal solutions provider serving many diverse markets including Defense Aerospace High-Performance Computing Power Electronics Medical and HVAC industries.
We provide thermal products and engineering services to the worlds leading defense and commercial companies such as Intel Hewlett Packard (HP) GE Healthcare Google Facebook Lockheed Martin Northrop Grumman Boeing and General Electric. We also conduct advanced research and development work for government agencies including NASA DOD and DOE. Our products and technologies have become integral parts of numerous mission-critical devices from life-saving MRI and CT scanners to energy-efficient building HVAC systems to weather and telecommunications satellites.
ACT is strongly committed to our customers employees and our community. Innovation Teamwork and Customer Care are our core values that drive the continuous growth of our company. Our skilled and dedicated staff is our strongest resource and the critical factor in our ongoing success.
The Product Development Engineer supports various phases of projects ranging from concept generation and initial design all of the way to final delivery hardware and volume production. The types of projects vary from exploratory trade studies to highly detailed thermal analysis to the fabrication of complicated prototype assemblies and testing. At any given time the Product Development Engineer is responsible for the success of multiple projects providing the opportunity to work on all aspects of the product development cycle. Candidates that have a strong technical background with hands-on experience fabricating prototype hardware excel at this position.
- All aspects of initial product design including:
- Innovative concept generation
- Excel or hand calculation analytical analysis
- 3-D CAD modeling (Solidworks)
- CFD/FEA analysis
- 2-D Drawing creation
Fabrication procedure and work instruction development
- Working with a diverse group of engineers and technicians
- Managing program schedules and budget
- Frequent customer communication
Minimum requirements include:
- US citizenship or permanent residency strongly preferred due to ITAR requirements
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in using commercial CAD (Solidworks) FEA (Solidworks) and CFD software (Autodesk Simulation Fluent Comsol)
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with design for manufacturability (DFM) and prototype hardware fabrication and testing
- Good verbal and written skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Initiative: Product Development engineers dont have a daily agenda given to them and are expected to take it upon themselves to work closely with customers vendors and ACT personnel to fulfill projects goals and objectives.
- Technical knowledge: We are looking for a candidate who has a strong academic engineering background coupled with hands-on skills and fabrication and testing capabilities.
- Teamwork skills: As a member of the product development team the ideal candidate must have the ability to give and receive encouragement and constructive criticism communicate effectively and work cooperatively with team members to achieve common goals.
- Critical thinking skills: The product development customer and projects vary widely and the strategies and design approaches that worked for one program may be completely different for the next opportunity. Because of that we need a curious individual who loves to dive in experiment and develop innovative solutions to new challenges.
- Desire to grow: The ideal candidate wants to be the best at their job and is never content with "good enough". They set lofty goals and constantly seek to improve themselves and expand their professional knowledge and skillset. They desire to sharpen their engineering and project management skills and grow in leadership ability and responsibility.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity age status as a protected veteran status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other trait protected by law.
Advanced Cooling Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.