Aircraft Structures Engineer Featured
- Coral Gables, Florida
- Job ID
Aircraft Structures Engineer job at AerSale in Coral Gables FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Develops or assists in developing solutions to a variety of routine and standardized engineering or technical problems or assignments following established engineering protocols in the analysis and design of aircraft structures power plant component parts mechanical and electrical systems and subsystems for commercial military executive general aviation or special purpose applications on operational aircraft.
- Reviews and interprets engineering documentation and product specifications to assist in determining design approaches.
- Confers with more experienced engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems. Assists in the design and development of structural power plant and other operational and structural components that are used in operating aircraft. This includes producing or assisting in the production of computer aided drawings and engineering reports.
- Provides technical authority to modify aircraft configurations maintenance programs and associated Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICAs.)
- Responsible for ensuring safe compliant aircraft and reliable operations while maintaining competitive costs.
- Owning aircraft hardware/system configuration control and maintenance programs.
- Oversees and provides the technical authority to modify aircraft/components.
- Ensures all regulatory required actions are implemented to ensure compliance.
- Directs engineering actions that improve AerSale s business.
- Incorporates new systems and technologies justified by other divisions.
- Drives continuous improvement to AerSale s operations.
- Monitors and analyzes daily operations.
- Drives review analysis and incorporation of service documents (SB SL etc.) to provide tangible operational or cost benefits.
- Proactively monitors reliability metrics and identifies effective solutions.
- Teams with Maintenance Technical Services Flight Operations Inflight equipment manufacturers AerSale MRO AMI and other stakeholders to facilitate beneficial process and procedure changes.
- Manages and improves costs of operations.
- Understands the costs associated with engineering actions to provide desired results at minimum cost.
- Actively communicates with customers to identify cost savings and operational improvement opportunities.
- Manages teams of structures interiors and systems technical staff to ensure quality timeliness and effectiveness is achieved.
- Prioritizes and coordinates work from multiple disciplines that supports aircraft configuration and maintenance requirements; i.e. Reliability Publications Planning etc.
- Primary focal for all technical issues related to the aircraft structures.
- Embodies the AerSale sprit and conduct oneself with Professionalism Integrity Resourcefulness and Caring.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 10 years of experience in aircraft and/or airline engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years of technical leadership at Manager or above level preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of aircraft systems and FARs relating to engineering and maintenance activities required.
- Knowledge and experience in all relevant regulatory requirements and industry practices is required.
- Must be an expert in airline technical operations and conversant in each technical discipline of structures interiors and systems required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a technical operations and knowledge of line base and component maintenance practices strongly preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. required.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to bend squat sit stand walk crawl work in tight spaces and handle objects. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull stack reach above shoulder level or carry light-weight materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
AerSale Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.