Aviation Shop Helper Featured
- Auburn, Washington
- Hourly $17.00 - $20.00
- Job ID
Aviation Shop Helper job at Aero Controls Inc in Auburn WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
POSITION: Shop Helper
Location: Auburn, Washington
This position is primarily responsible for assisting shop technicians in cleaning, minor disassembly/assembly and preparation of aircraft parts. The position cross-trains in other departments and performs back-up driver duties. The position requires a reliable self-motivated person that can read and follow directions and work individually and in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in testing, disassembling, inspecting, repairing and reassembly of aircraft components.
- Follow all company procedures and policies.
- Follow all safety and security policies and regulations.
- Back up department functions, cross-train in other departments and perform other duties as necessary.
- Report to work on a regular and consistent basis.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Be a reliable self-starter.
- Demonstrate the use of common hand tools
- Stand and work for long periods of time.
- Lift, move, push and pull up to fifty (50) lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Build alliances, partnerships and collaborate with co-workers in a tactful, professional and respectful manner. Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Resolve workplace differences and conflict to achieve goals and objectives in a professional manner.
- Foster an atmosphere of new ideas, input and creative solutions when faced with challenges.
- Listen to others attentively and retain/process information effectively.
- Promote a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, and socially responsible while championing an energetic and positive work culture.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Continuous work in manufacturing/production setting.
- Frequent walking and standing, and lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects throughout the work day.
- Flexibility to work additional hours and occasional weekends.
Why Work For Us?
We offer competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holiday Pay
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with an employer contribution of $500 a year
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with discretionary employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Perks
- Career growth and community involvement
- Tool/Safety Shoe Reimbursement Program and mileage reimbursement for substance testing.
Starting Pay Range: $17.00-$20.00/hour
Overall Pay Range: $17.00-$22.00/hour
Schedule: 5:55AM-2:30PM (30 minute lunch)
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. Please email for any assistance with your application.
Aero Controls Inc Company Overview
Aero Controls, Inc. is a minority-owned, FAA certified repair station #IU6R626N headquartered in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Founded in 1984, Aero Controls, Inc. has built a reputation based on quality products and services. We are committed to provide the best possible value to our customers and continually work to set the standard in aerospace technologies. Specializing in overhaul repairs and component sales, our breadth of services and inventory has enabled us to serve some of the biggest names in the airline industry.