AP Mechanic Featured
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Aero Management Group LLC in West Palm Beach FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Title: A & P Mechanic
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Updated: 1/27/2020
A&P Mechanics perform a variety of mechanical duties on various aircraft models including, but not limited to: diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft for flight and delivery to customer.
- Performs intermediate/heavy maintenance tasks without supervision
- Performs airframe, powerplant and propeller repairs and modifications required to meet company and FAA requirements
- Performs routine inspections and troubleshooting, including airframe structures, engines, and aircraft systems.
- Performs turbine engine troubleshooting, inspection, repair and engine run-ups.
- Conducts airframe system, component changes and systems checkout.
- Performs installation of service bulletins and kits on airframes and engines.
- Ability to comprehend and complete all Aircraft Manufacturer Scheduled Maintenance items.
- Removal and disassembly of defective parts; assembly and installation of replacement parts; and testing aircraft systems
- Interprets technical manuals, drawings, and blueprints
- Mechanics will be required to sign for work accomplished including troubleshooting deferred maintenance items, and ensure proper recording of all maintenance tasks on company documents
- Building of customer invoices using labor calculations, purchase orders, and parts mark-up calculations
- Uses equipment such as tensiometers, micrometers, pressure gauges, dial gauges, vacuum gauges, timing lights, and a variety of hand tools to repair or modify systems or assemblies.
- Keep a constant watch for safety, excessive cost of labor duplication, ensure proper and adequate equipment is used, acceptable parts or components are installed, and approved hardware or supplies are used
- Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A&P License is required
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience with diversified jet, turboprop, piston, modification, aircraft/flight maintenance or airframe sheet metal maintenance. Must have experience in MROs
- Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment
- Preferred experience in a customer service facility performing inspections and repair of aircraft.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet and piston airframe and engine principles
- Flexibility in scheduling required.
- Some travel required.
- Must successfully pass background check and drug test
- Ability to read and respond to E-Mail communications.
Aero Management Group LLC Company Overview
Aero Management Group (AMG) provides world class service and support to airports, aviation businesses, and others who have a vested interest in general aviation and air carrier activity. We specialize exclusively in these segments of the industry and strive to maximize the economic impact airports have on their communities. Our team has firsthand planning, development, operations, management, marketing, and customer service experience. We have intimate working knowledge of the aviation industry, and extensive resources and expertise that encompass all segments and facets of the aviation industry (airport, aviation business, and aircraft).