Flight Respiratory Practitioner Hot
- Virgin, Utah
- Job ID
Flight Respiratory Practitioner job at AeroMD in Virgin UT
Description, duties, responsibilities
SUMMARY The AeroMD Flight Respiratory Practitioner provides high quality care including assessment triage and treatment utilizing standards and guidelines established by AeroMDs Chief Medical Officer Medical Directors and Assistant Medical Directors. They assess the nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize the care needed for the safe transport of the critically ill or injured patient to the appropriate facility. They are qualified to provide care for patients across the life span in his/her assigned clinical area; responsible for carrying out the mission and goals of AeroMD assuring that safety remains the highest priority throughout the transport continuum. They maintain their educational standards for themselves and their fellow flight crew through continuing education and grand rounds.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides care from the initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility; maintains thorough patient care documentation.
- Practices their profession within his/her approved scope of practice as defined by the licensing body regulating each base and AeroMD.
- Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in on going laboratory and clinical experiences. Communicates educational needs to AeroMDs Program Director Clinical Director Base Manager and/or Chief Flight Nurse and/or Chief Flight Respiratory Practitioner.
- Maintains documentation of required licensure certifications continuing education aviation and safety training OSHA and HIPAA training clinical rotations and advanced procedures.
- Attends continuing education programs pertinent to his/her area of practice.
- Knowledgeable in the use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by AeroMD. Responsible for reporting medical equipment failures and taking initial steps to insure the repair of equipment as directed. Maintains adequate supplies onboard the aircraft to deliver patient care. Keeps aircraft clean and orderly to ensure rapid response to all transport requests.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues EMS representatives hospitals and the public at all times.
- Participates in following-up with the patient and referring institution.
- Participates in planned outreach marketing and education activities.
- Functions as a medical flight crew member.
- Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefings and completes any necessary documentation in a timely and professional manor.
- Assists in the pre-mission liftoff checklist and assists the pilot as requested i.e. radio navigational and visual observation activities. Complies with the safety standards to assure safety of self medical personnel patients and equipment.
- Serves as a flight resource for any specialty personnel when transporting specialty patients by rotor or Fixed-wing aircraft.
- Performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by AeroMDs Chief Medical Officer Medical Directors and Assistant Medical Directors.
- Serves as a role model educator and clinical resource.
- Acts as a preceptor and/or participates in orientation of new employees and students as assigned.
- Acts as a liaison and communicates program goals and objectives.
- Participates in continuing and outreach educational programs.
- Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed for passengers and EMS/Fire/Rescue/LEO.
- Maintains awareness of current issues related to pre-hospital and aeromedical care through participation in professional activities I.e. national territorial legislative-elected or appointed.
- Participates regularly in AeroMDs QA/QC activities projects and committees.
- Participates in Grand Rounds and presents at minimum semiannually.
- Attends and participates in meetings according to established guidelines. Develops standards and guidelines related to the flight program as assigned.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned.
- Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned (to include research and publishing opportunities).
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS The qualifications listed are representative of those required to successfully fulfill the job responsibilities but may be adjusted for specific positions.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Respiratory Care; ASRT or BSRT
Experience: Minimum 3 - 5 years of recent critical care experience. Will consider 3 - 5 years of recent emergency department experience if there is a minimum one-year previous critical care experience.
Licenses: NBRC credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Current RCP license to practice Respiratory Care in any US state. Must obtain Florida license and North Carolina license upon hire.
Certificates: Current certifications in BLS/CPR; ACLS and PALS are required. Must obtain NPS and ACCS within one year of hire.
Education: BSRT or Bachelors degree in a Health related field and a degree or diploma as an EMT-Paramedic.
Experience: Pre-hospital EMS and/or flight experience
License and Certificates: TNCC/ITLS/PHTLS; NRP AMLS but will provide during orientation. ATLS APLS ALSO ABLS CCEMTP CICP PNCCT STABLE NREMT-P EMT
COMPETENCIES Competency in advanced practice skills as defined by the Chief Medical Officer and the Medical Directors and Assistant Medical Directors as well as current medical standards.
SKILLS Skills as required to practice nursing and critical care as defined by assigned scope of practice and advanced practice skills as defined by the Chief Medical Officer and the Medical Directors and Assistant Medical Directors as well as current medical standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to perform medical procedures and assessments reach with hands and arms and speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is required to stand walk climb or balance stoop kneel crouch or crawl and smell.
The employee is required to maintain adequate physical conditioning to be able to perform job duties. Job duties are often performed at high stress levels requiring employee to function effectively and independently while maintaining good working relationships with partners patients and customers.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
AeroMD Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.