Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Responsible to oversee the delivery of diverse aviation programs of work while working closely with team members and customers. Coordinating multiple work programs for successful delivery and handover of the solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery of program objectives within prescribed time and quality requirements, escalating unanticipated variations for approval.
- Ensure Operations staff has the equipment, materials and competent personnel required to support the organizational workload.
- Ensure AeroMod achieves operational acceptance and that handover of the solution meets customer requirements.
- Build and maintain open communication channels with site managers, customer representatives and senior management.
- Review and evaluate business procedures with a focus on improving operational efficiency.
- Assist site managers with evaluating program progress and alignment against completion schedules and financial goals.
- Identify opportunities within each program and identify and recommend step improvements.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure we fully meet their expectations.
- Ensure any risks and issues are monitored and mitigated.
- Oversees Project / Department Supervisors across multiple sites.
- Management of multiple customer support projects of various magnitudes from implementation to completion.
- Direct communication and coordination with vendors and airline customers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong strategic planning and forward thinking capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership, and be held accountable for activities.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Planning, implementation and change management skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively manage work scope, across a diversified field of technical team members.
- Can affectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, doesn’t have to finish things before moving on, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Program / Project Management certifications are essential.
- Eight to Ten years of proven practical experience in a related work environment essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer software products.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a related technical and/or equivalent field.
- Knowledge of and experience with the maintenance of aircraft of the class, category and type that the company operates.
- Ten-plus years of related work experience performing inspections, installations, maintenance and preventative maintenance on Part 121, 135 or 145 operation aircraft.
- Ten-plus years of people management experience.
Customer Insight and Experience Management:
Demonstrates a clear understanding of customer needs, potential needs and needs unrecognized by the customer and ensures it is the driving force behind the entire customer experience. Thinks customer first and ensures that they are contributing to our culture, processes and systems being developed and delivered to delight our customer. Advocate for the customer so every single experience is exceptional.
Demonstrates the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others. Establishes and sustains good business working relationships internally and externally. Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strong relationships between one’s own team and other teams to achieve goals within business unit.
Demonstrates the ability to quickly and accurately undertake a thorough analysis of their business unit to achieve sustainable performance. Achieve continuous improvement through leadership, financial and commercial acumen and execution of business processes.
Program / Project Management:
Demonstrates functional knowledge and awareness to assign program / project management direction, approach and impacts on area of responsibility. Leads the completion of functional goals and activities for programs and projects and provides functional context to the achievement of desired outcomes. Monitors functional processes, progress and results to ensure alignment with suite of current programs and projects underway or planned. Leads the implementation of feedback and continuous improvement from for the purposes of program and project success in area that they operate.
- Encourages the team to think laterally and identify possible breakthroughs in meeting customer needs and demands
- Develops an intimate knowledge of what internal and external customers want and communicates this to the team
- Assists the team to learn how to ensure solutions offered are relevant to the needs of customers
- Coaches others to learn customers’ unique needs and appropriately adapts existing processes to meet these needs
- Takes personal accountability for resolving customer issues
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends on occasion as this is a 24 hour operation with customers in house.
- Holds people accountable for actions and behaviors through effective utilization of the performance review process.
- Provides clarity and consistency on the most important business priorities and objectives.
- Provides regular feedback on achievement of objectives and milestones.
- Removes obstacles and empowers others to act on AeroMod’s vision.
- Assigns clear authority and accountability.
- Ensures front-line employees are empowered to deal with customer needs and concerns.
- Does not allow obstacles to impede results.
- Determines the operational processes, tasks and activities necessary to get things done
- Breaks through operational barriers and roadblocks to achieve objectives and goals
- Effectively organizes staff and activities to achieve operational objectives and goals
- Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow
- Identifies opportunities for process re-engineering, improvement and integration
- Can simplify complex processes to achieve operational goals and objectives
- Measures operational success through effective goal setting and evaluation of results
- Understands how to align employees to organizational goals to achieve operational outcomes
- Ensures that effective team dynamics are fostered and encouraged
- Creates strong morale and spirit within their team by finding common ground to solve problems and challenges
- Fosters open dialogue by role modelling candid, supportive communication
- Enables staff to collaboratively complete assignments and be accountable for their work
- Defines success in terms of the broader team’s achievements
- Gains the trust and support of others through positive reinforcement, encouragement and guidance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Personal Protective Equipment may be required when working in designated areas. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Program Manager job at AeroMod International LLC
Apply for this Program Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!