Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Job Title: Director of Operations Department: Operations Location: Melbourne, FL
Reports to: Managing Director FLSA Status: Exempt Status: Full Time
Responsible to oversee the delivery of diverse aviation programs of work and working closely with customer’s while
coordinating multiple delivery partners for successful delivery and handover of the solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Operations staff has the equipment, materials and competent personnel required to support the organizational workload.
- Ensure AeroMod achieves build to operational acceptance and that handover of the solution meets customer requirements.
- Build and maintain open communication channels with site managers, customer representatives and senior management.
- Manage the delivery of program objectives within prescribed time and quality requirements, escalating unanticipated variations for approval.
- Review and evaluate business procedures with a focus on improving operational efficiency.
- Assist site managers with evaluating program progress and alignment against completion schedules and financial goals.
- Identify opportunities within each program and identify and recommend step improvements.
- Management reporting at senior levels, preparing program steering group packs and running program governance meetings.
- Gain an appreciation of the customer’s business drivers and an understanding of the customer’s decision making process.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure we fully meet their expectations.
- Ensure any risks and issues are lodged, monitored and mitigated.
- Work closely with the Melbourne airport to maintain a working relationship.
Oversees Site Manager and Program Manager’s across multiple sites.
To perform the job successfully, the individual needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong strategic planning and forward thinking capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership, and be held accountable for activities.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present information professionally and persuasively.
- Ability to work independently and a high attention to detail.
- Planning, implementation and change management skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed consultancy & negotiation skills.
- Actively contribute ideas that have a significant positive impact on other team members and the business.
- Contribute to the development of colleagues both individually and as a group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Aviation, Business, Engineering or related field.
- Program / Project Management certifications are essential.
- Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) credentials are desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with the maintenance of aircraft of the class, category and type that the company operates.
- 5-10 years of proven practical experience in a related work environment essential.
- Familiarity and experience with all applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Associates of Science Degree in a related technical and/or equivalent field.
- Ten-plus years of related work experience performing inspections, installations, maintenance and preventative maintenance on Part 121, 135 or 145 operation aircraft.
- Ten-plus years of management experience.
- Previous AS9110 process experience.
Customer Insight and Experience Management:
Demonstrates a clear understanding of customer needs, potential needs and needs unrecognized by the customer and ensures it is the driving force behind the entire customer experience. Thinks customer first and ensures that they are contributing to our culture, processes and systems being developed and delivered to delight our customer. Advocate for the customer so every single experience is exceptional.
Managing and Developing Talent:
Demonstrates the ability to continually build the capability of individuals and teams, by contributing to the recruitment, management, assessment and coaching of great people. Broadly plans to ensure that there are ‘A’ players in every job across their area of responsibility. Broadly addresses performance issues and motivates and coaches’ talent. Through the appropriate investment in time & focus, balances the importance of contributing to the right organizational culture, leading and coaching others and building high performance teams with the delivery of business results.
Demonstrates the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others. Establishes and sustains good business working relationships internally and externally. Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strong relationships between one’s own team and other teams to achieve goals within business unit.
Demonstrates the ability to quickly and accurately undertake a thorough analysis of their business unit to achieve sustainable performance. Achieve continuous improvement through leadership, financial and commercial acumen and execution of business processes.
Commercial / Financial Management:
Demonstrates functional expertise in understanding the operations of AeroMod from a financial and commercial perspective. Possesses strong functional knowledge of policies, practices and trends from a financial and commercial perspective. Understands the functional context of competitive trends and activities from a financial and commercial perspective. Demonstrates functional expertise in relation to the impact that financial and commercial operations have on the organization and the market in which they operate.
Program / Project Management:
Demonstrates functional knowledge and awareness to assign program / project management direction, approach and impacts on area of responsibility. Leads the completion of functional goals and activities for programs and projects and provides functional context to the achievement of desired outcomes. Monitors functional processes, progress and results to ensure alignment with suite of current programs and projects underway or planned. Leads the implementation of feedback and continuous improvement from for the purposes of program and project success in area that they operate.
- Encourages the team to think laterally and identify possible breakthroughs in meeting customer needs and demands
- Develops an intimate knowledge of what internal and external customers want and communicates this to the team
- Assists the team to learn how to ensure solutions offered are relevant to the needs of customers
- Coaches others to learn customers’ unique needs and appropriately adapts existing processes to meet these needs
- Takes personal accountability for resolving customer issues
- Demonstrates a clear and forward thinking view / mindset to operational plans and activities
- Is able to anticipate future operational consequences and trends accurately
- Possesses a strong operational knowledge and perspective of the market and related industries
- Is future oriented when it comes to operational plans and activities
- Can advocate a credible vision for future operational possibilities and likelihoods
- Can develop competitive, leading edge operational strategies and plans
- Identifies operational trends to drive improved customer service and satisfaction
Develop Talent and Capability:
- Provides challenging stretch tasks and assignments to team members to accelerate development, identifying talent
- Takes responsibility to diagnose team’s capability needs required to achieve current and future goals
- Possesses a deep awareness of team member career goals and aspirations
- Ensures the creation of challenging development plans and eliminates barriers to achievement
- Takes accountability for and encourages developmental moves which build capability and experience
- Proactively supports those who require capability development and growth
- Harnesses the collective team capability to achieve objectives and goals
- Holds people accountable for actions and behaviors through effective utilization of the performance review process
- Provides clarity and consistency on the most important business priorities and objectives
- Provides regular feedback on achievement of objectives and milestones
- Removes obstacles and empowers others to act on Aero Mod’s vision
- Manages poor performance promptly and efficiently
- Assigns clear authority and accountability
- Ensures front-line employees are empowered to deal with customer needs and concerns
- Does not allow obstacles to impede results
- Determines the operational processes, tasks and activities necessary to get things done
- Breaks through operational barriers and roadblocks to achieve objectives and goals
- Effectively organizes staff and activities to achieve operational objectives and goals
- Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow
- Identifies opportunities for process re-engineering, improvement and integration
- Can simplify complex processes to achieve operational goals and objectives
- Measures operational success through effective goal setting and evaluation of results
- Understands how to align employees to organizational goals to achieve operational outcomes
- Ensures that effective team dynamics are fostered and encouraged
- Creates strong morale and spirit within their team by finding common ground to solve problems and challenges
- Shares wins and successes with others by recognizing and rewarding appropriately
- Fosters open dialogue by role modelling candid, supportive communication
- Enables staff to collaboratively complete assignments and be accountable for their work
- Defines success in terms of the broader team’s achievements
- Fosters a sense of collective belonging within the team
- Gains the trust and support of others through positive reinforcement, encouragement and guidance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Personal Protective Equipment may be required when working in designated areas. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Director of Operations job at AeroMod International LLC
Apply for this Director of Operations position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.