Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Job Title: Structural Technician Department: Maintenance Location: Melbourne, FL
Reports to: Structural Supervisor FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Status: Full Time
Responsible to performs structural fabrications in support of maintenance, repairs and alterations on the assigned aircraft for which training and licensing has been obtained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Responsible to repair, inspect and troubleshoot articles for which training and licensing has been obtained in accordance with all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
• Responsible to independently perform all line maintenance and preventative maintenance functions.
• Responsible to ensure all required records and documentation are properly and thoroughly executed.
• Responsible to maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own and others work to ensure quality.
• Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Builds knowledge base from research and experience.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Consistently and continuously identifies ways to validate answers; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly, concisely and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Follows up on assigned tasks; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Five-plus years of related work experience in heavy structural modification.
• Airframe and Power plant (A&P) Certification
• Eight-plus years of related work experience in heavy structural modification.
• Familiarity and experience with all applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
• Familiarity and experience with the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Please sign in to apply for this job.