- Hourly $25.00 - $35.00
- Job ID
Instrument Technician job at Aerospace Maintenance Solutions LLC in Solon oh
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Instrument Technician will have meticulous mechanical and electrical repair skills, extensive knowledge and experience repairing delicate miniature electrical and mechanical subassemblies. The technician will disassemble, evaluate, repair and test items such as Altimeters, Airspeeds, Air Data Computers, Engine Indicators, Navigation Indicators such as Attitude Indicators and Horizontal Situation Indicators, Directional Gyros, Vertical Gyros and Rate Gyros. Must have five years expereince and be able to work independantly.
Gyroscopes, Accelerometers and other aircraft instrumentation by performing the following duties.
1. Disassembles, prepares, assembles, tests and inspects aircraft instrumentation such as pneumatic instruments, indicators, gauges, mechanisms, motors, gear trains, electrical controls and verifies final system for accurate operation.
2. Uses a wide variety of hand tools and power equipment including soldering, desoldering iron, wrenches, screw drivers, drill, taps, dies, hex, bristol, pliers, cutters, crimping tools, ect.
3. Troubleshooting to Identify the nature and extent of equipment malfunctions by inspecting and performing operational tests of components to the subcomponent level and performing a variety of functional checks often requiring the analysis and correction of malfunctions by adjusting, repairing and/or replacing parts as needed.
4. Performs calibrations and alignments of an electrical nature to assure proper system operation.
5. Utilizes test equipment such as system level testers and subassembly equipment such as an oscilloscope, microscope, tachometer drives, function generators, huntron, pilot-static equipment, rate of turn table and various meters.
7. Uses a wide variety of hand and power equipment such as soldering iron, crimper, insertion, extraction tool, rotor balancing equip. and rate of turn table.
8. Support the Quality System ISO 9001:2008, AS9100B and FAA regulations by following procedures, work order instructions and continually documenting records to meet the requirements of the Quality System.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.