Embedded Software Engineer Featured
- Westminster, Colorado
- Job ID
Embedded Software Engineer job at Air Comm Corporation in Westminster CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. We post all our current job opportunities at http://aircommcorp.com/employment-opportunities
The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for research, design, development, testing, and deployment of embedded software on microprocessor-based products including environmental system controllers, motor controllers, power distribution equipment, and test equipment. This position must possess the ability to apply engineering standards, techniques, and procedures in the development and testing of aircraft environmental control systems in performance-critical environments. Must be able to generate clear technical reports and other documents and have excellent verbal communication skills. Candidate should have customer-focused drive for mission success and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic team environment.
1. Design and implement software of embedded devices and control systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
2. Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software
3. Review code and design of personal work and that of coworkers
4. Integrate and validate new product designs
5. Support software QA and optimize performance
6. Interface and work closely with hardware design and development
7. Perform electronic test automation efforts, including hardware and software as required.
8. Technically evaluate and assist in the selection of hardware.
9. Generate comprehensive test plans and reports and review plans/reports of others.
10. May also participate in PCB design, component selection, and EMI/EMC testing.
11. Performs advanced analysis of designs including system performance.
12. Develop PC-side GUI applications to interface with hardware and firmware
1. BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering field
2. 5+ years of embedded software/firmware development or related work experience
3. Solid programming experience in C or C++, with exposure to C#, WPF, or similar programming language.
4. Proven experience in embedded systems design with real-time data processing, algorithms, and communications.
5. Aerospace/aviation experience with familiarity of regulations and certification including DO-178 and DO-254.
6. Prefer local/regional candidate with minimum weekly on-site availability
7. Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
8. Knowledge of different protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
9. Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
10. Strong documentation and writing skills
11. Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
12. Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
13. Good time-management skills
14. Great interpersonal and communication skills
Air Comm Corporation Company Overview
Our Mission To strive ceaselessly to produce products that provide optimal comfort, safety, reliability and value for the operator. Value is defined as a high quality, durable product that provides reliable, efficient, effective performance under all operating conditions, light weight and low maintenance all at the lowest possible cost. WHO WE ARE: History: Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987. ACC was founded to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking higher performance environmental control systems not available from the aircraft manufacturer. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications. Culture: Air Comm Corporation is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, creative, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25, within 1 mile of public transportation, and has mountain views! We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment. If you arelooking to be a valued contributor for a fun and hardworking company, look no further that ACC! Industry : ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components andengineered solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/mechanical system design, development and production. Every ACC system is FAA-approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate, or via military qualification. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military. What Sets ACC Apart : In our company, we do the right thing when no one is looking. Personalintegrity is non-negotiable here. Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. WHAT WE DO: Engineering: ACC’s technical staff is comprised of aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, and electricalengineers who each bring a unique set of talents and expertise in order to develop state of the artsystems. Our engineering staff is supported by certified SolidWorks Professionals. Test: The ACC test facility at the Boulder Municipal Airport has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and to identify areas where optimization can be realized. We have the capability to perform certification testing to meet DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 standards. Poduction : We perform high-precision Tube Manufacturing, Welding, Mechanical, and Electrical Assembly. All ACC associates are committed to perfection, and strive to maintain a flawless record of out-of-the-box accuracy and complete customer satisfaction. Air Comm Corporation is a FAA-PMA facility with FAA-DMIR authority. Our quality assurance system conforms to the quality control requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100 Rev D Certification. Air Comm systems are manufactured to exacting standardsto insure the highest possible quality in terms of safety, reliability, performance and aesthetics. Repair Station: ACC has an FAA certified repair station where we repair and overhaul many of the items we manufacture for our line of STC air conditioning and heating systems. We also provide MRO services in support of our OEM customers comprised of the world’s largest aircraft and helicopter manufacturers. All Repair technicians complete extensive on-site training in areas such as: Human Factors, Technical Data, Situational Awareness, the Repair Station Manual, and Facility Security courses, in order to enhance the overall level of quality that ACC delivers to their managed and outside customers. PAY & BENEFITS: At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements. Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.