Senior Manager Aerospace Hot
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Job ID
Senior Manager Aerospace job at Air Liquide SA in Wilmington DE
Description, duties, responsibilities
World leader in gases technologies and services for Industry and Health Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66000 employees and serves more than 36 million customers and patients. Oxygen nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide s ambition is to be the leader in its industry delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The GM&T WBU delivers technological solutions (molecules equipment and services) to support the new markets of energy transition maritime logistics and scientific exploration in order to accelerate Air Liquide sustainable growth.
To support the energy transition GM&T brings environmentally friendly solutions to the clean energy market with hydrogen energy and Bio-Natural Gas for vehicles refrigerated transport using nitrogen but also the treatment and injection of Biogas into the energy grid as a local power source.
As a player of the deep tech sector GM&T commercializes technologies dedicated to Space Aerospace and scientific exploration. GM&T also supplies gases for players in of the maritime sector and provides logistics for cryogenic transportation by sea of value added molecules such as helium.
GM&T employs 1800 people world-wide and generated a 2017 revenue of 372 million.
The Senior Manager will lead the ALATUS Aerospace business unit and help shape the global strategy to drive revenue and increase market share for Air Liquide s portfolio of aerospace products specifically membrane technologies incorporated within aircraft fuel systems (OBIGGS). As business needs and markets permit this individual will grow and lead a team focused on deploying creative value-add solutions to expand Air Liquide s offering into the OBIGGS market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote safety as first priority in business operations;
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans and the continued development of the aerospace market;
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Companys ambitious growth objectives;
- Maintain responsibility for achievement of aerospace market sales and margin targets and augment existing momentum to generate new programs;
- Understand the company s financial objectives and develop strategic plans to meet those goals;
- Identify and attend trade shows and conventions representing the company in a professional manner while gathering leads and contacts;
- Research the target market globally to develop a full understanding of the competitive landscape and how Air Liquide s membrane technologies should be positioned within the space;
- Identify and target prospective leads make contact and develop sustained business to business relationships by aggressively pursuing all viable leads;
- Develop knowledge and expertise of customer procurement procedures to ensure engagement with the customer in the planning and implementation stages of the project;
- Lead negotiations with customers/partners through closing including drafting and redlining of technical commercial and contract documents;
- Manage internal direct and matrixed resources from customer contact through to order receipt and project handover;
- Develop a thorough understanding of Air Liquide and adjacent technologies and how these technologies enhance the efficiency and quality of customer s operations;
- Provide market feedback to Air Liquide leadership regarding competitive offerings prospect needs and product development ideas;
- Identify new and changing needs of customers and work with Air liquide management in developing innovative solutions to meet those needs;
- Support and create proposals/quotations in collaboration with colleagues from other business units and divisions;
- Collaborate with ALAT and other Air Liquide entities to find synergies and align strategies in the global aerospace market;
- Collaborate with the management and production teams to develop order and inventory forecasts;
- Collaborate with other members of the sales team and engineering team for process development and improvement;
- Ensure that Air Liquide risk management processes are respected and executed for acquiring business.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BS in Science or Engineering discipline (Aerospace Chemical Manufacturing Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
- 7+ years of customer relationship /sales environment experience
- Have inventive business development skills and can display negotiation skills with a high level of enthusiasm
- Expertise in sales with focus on business development in the area of innovation
- Working knowledge and/or interest of aerospace applications with hands-on industrial sales and business development background
- Demonstrated ability to influence employees and stakeholders to gain buy-in and lead project efforts
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate business and technology needs
- Ability to lead teams consisting of personnel from several groups (Manufacturing Legal Operations Accounting Quality etc.)
- Demonstrates strong process and operational safety behavior at all times.
- Demonstrated understanding of Engineering and Engineering/Procurement models
- Demonstrated ability to present technical information to promote technology
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Self starter with the ability to work with a remote team across multiple time zones
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and opportunities based on changing business needs
- Typical of an office environment with frequent travel for customer presentations training
- field testing plant start-up and commissioning supervision
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours as needed to support customers and internal stakeholders in different timezones.
- Ability to travel 25%+ of time and potentially higher during busy times including a portion of international travel to support colleagues and customers.
The candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
A world leader in gases technologies and services for Industry and Health Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide SA Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.