Flight Paramedic Featured
- Parsons, Kansas
- Job ID
Flight Paramedic job at Air Methods in Parsons KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for providing high quality pre-hospital advanced life support including assessment triage and treatment utilizing standards and guidelines established by Air Methods Community Based Services (CBS) Medical Director(s). You ll be responsible for carrying out the mission and goals of Air Methods CBS assuring that safety remains the highest priority throughout the transport continuum.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-hospital advanced life support care from the initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility; maintains thorough patient care documentation.
- Practices within his/her scope of practice as defined by the states regulating each base and Air Methods CBS. Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences. Communicates educational needs to the Medical Base Supervisor and Medical Education Coordinator.
- Maintains documentation of required licensure certifications continuing education aviation and safety training OSHA and HIPAA training clinical rotations and advanced procedures. Attends minimum of six educational programs per year pertinent to his/her practice.
- Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by Air Methods CBS. Responsible for reporting medical equipment failures and taking initial steps to insure repair of equipment as directed. Maintains adequate supplies onboard aircraft to deliver patient care. Keeps aircraft clean and orderly to insure rapid response to all transport requests.
- Participates in patient and referring institution follow-up and planned outreach marketing and education activities.
- Functions as a medical flight member by attending pre-mission briefings and mission debriefings and completes necessary documentation. Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and assists pilot as requested i.e. radio navigational and visual observation activities. Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self medical personnel patient and equipment.Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed.
- Serves as a flight resource to neonatal/pediatric personnel when transporting specialty patients by helicopter. Performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by Air Methods CBS Medical Director(s).
- Serves as a role model educator and clinical resource. Participates regularly in departmental activities projects and committees (to include research and publishing opportunities). Maintains awareness of current issues related to pre-hospital care through participation in professional activities i.e. national state legislative--elected or appointed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor s degree in health-related field preferred
- Minimum three (3) years recent experience in a busy 911 system
- Previous critical care transport and flight experience preferred
- 1 year of full-time flight experience required for per diem (PRN) positions
- As a member of the Clinical Flight Crew any person employed in this position shall maintain a weight not to exceed 225 pounds including empty flight suit and boots.
Skills as required to practice as a paramedic as defined by assigned state scope of practice and advanced practice skills as defined by Medical Director(s) and Medical Standards.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues EMS representatives hospitals and the public while executing strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
- Demonstrates high critical thinking and reasoning skills and strong attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment that requires ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including 24 hour shifts overtime and an on-call rotation
- Dependable and self-motivated while working in a frequently changing environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
- Registered EMT-P licensed in state(s) served
- National Certification may be required to meet state licensure requirements
- Specialty certification: (FP-C or CCP-C) required within two (2) years of hire
- Current certifications in Healthcare Provider BLS/CPR; ACLS; PALS or equivalent (AHA courses if state or county required) and advanced provider ITLS or PHTLS (if state or country required)
- Advance trauma course: one (1) of the following is acceptable: TNCC ATLS/ATCN TNATC or CAMTS-approved advanced trauma courseprior ro completion of third-rider status
(Please note advanced skills lab must accompany all of the above mentioned advanced trauma courses)
- NRP certification prior ro completion of third-rider status
- NIMS Training IS 100 200 700 800 and HazMat upon hire
Air Methods Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.