Flight Nurse Featured
- Safford, Arizona
- Job ID
Flight Nurse job at Air Methods in Safford AZ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for providing high quality critical care including assessment triage and treatment utilizing standards and guidelines established by Air Methods Community Base Services (CBS) Medical Director(s). You ll assess the nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize the care needed for safe transport of the critical patient to the appropriate facility and are responsible for carrying out the mission and goals of Air Methods CBS assuring that safety remains the highest priority throughout the transport continuum.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care within his/her scope of practice from the initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility; maintains thorough patient care documentation.
- Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences. Communicates educational needs to the Medical Base Supervisor and Medical Education Coordinator. Maintains documentation of required licensure certifications continuing education aviation and safety training OSHA and HIPAA training clinical rotations and advanced procedures and attends continuing education programs pertinent to his/her area of practice.
- Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by Air Methods CBS. Responsible for reporting medical equipment failures and taking initial steps to insure repair of equipment as directed. Maintains adequate supplies onboard aircraft to deliver patient care. Keeps aircraft clean and orderly to insure rapid response to all transport requests.
- Functions as a medical flight member by attending pre-mission briefings and mission debriefings and completing necessary documentation. Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and assists pilot as requested i.e. radio navigational and visual observation activities. Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self medical personnel patient and equipment and conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed.
- Serves as a flight resource to neonatal/pediatric personnel when transporting specialty patients by helicopter and performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by Air Methods CBS Medical Director(s).
- Participates in patient and referring institution follow-up and in planned outreach marketing and education activities
- Acts as a preceptor and/or participates in orientation of new employees and students as assigned and communicates program goals and objectives.
- Participates regularly in Air Methods CBS meetings activities projects and committees (to include research and publishing opportunities).
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelor s degree in health-related field preferred
- Minimum three (3) years recent critical care/emergency nursing experience within the last 5 years or as required by state/ local EMS regulations
- Pre-hospital experience preferred
- Flight experience preferred for full and part-time positions
- 1 year of full-time flight experience required for per diem (PRN) positions
Operation and Safety Requirements:
- As a member of the Clinical Flight Crew any person employed in this position shall maintain a weight not to exceed 225 pounds including empty flight suit and boots.
Skills as required to practice nursing as defined by assigned state scope of practice and advanced practice skills as defined by Medical Director(s) and Medical Standards
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues EMS representatives hospitals and the public while executing strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
- Demonstrates high critical thinking and reasoning skills and strong attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment that requires ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including 24 hour shifts overtime and an on-call rotation
- Dependable and self-motivated while working in a frequently changing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
Certificates Licenses Registrations
- Current RN license(s) for states of practice
- EMS or MICN certification/licensure as required by state regulations
- Current certifications in Healthcare Provider BLS/CPR; ACLS; PALS or equivalent (AHA courses if state or county required) and TNCC/ITLS/PHTLS advanced provider (if state or county required)
- Specialty certification (CFRN CCRN or CEN) required
- Advanced Trauma Course requirement: One (1) of the following certifications are acceptable: TNCC ATLS/ATCN TNATC or CAMTS-approved advanced trauma course prior to completion of third-rider orientation (Please note advanced skills lab must accompany all of the above mentioned advanced trauma courses)
- NRP certification prior to completion of third-rider orientation
- NIMS Training IS 100 200 700 800 and HazMat upon hire
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or protected veteran status.
Air Methods Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.