- Olney, Texas
- Annual Salary $65,000.00 - $80,000.00
- Job ID
Engineer job at Air Tractor Inc in Olney TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Air Tractor is seeking applications for an engineer. This position will participate in a wide range of aircraft design, analysis, testing, and certification activities. The ideal candidate would be a well-rounded engineer that enjoys working on all aspects of aircraft design and certification.
Potential projects will involve structural, mechanical systems, electrical systems, powerplant, and manufacturing aspects. Duties will include aircraft design, producing engineering design drawings, authoring analysis reports, authoring test procedures and test reports, and producing other documents related to design and FAA certification of aircraft.
A team oriented attitude with the ability to work well with others on design, production and certification efforts is necessary. This position will interface with other engineering staff as well as manufacturing, inspection, and product support staff.
- Possess a BS degree in engineering or related field (Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in aircraft design and certification
- Have strong computer related skills (CAD, CAM, word processing, spread sheet, and database)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Private pilot certificate
- Familiarization with certification processes/testing
- Experience with Autodesk CAD/Inventor software packages
- Possess a working knowledge of aircraft standards and civil aircraft certification regulations
- This position will be based at the Air Tractor facility in Olney, TX
- Occasional travel will be required
- Applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR 120.15)
- Air Tractor is an Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match (in addition to ESOP benefits)
- Paid Vacation
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Air Tractor Inc Company Overview
About Air Tractor: With nearly 300 employees at its Olney, Texas manufacturing facilities, Air Tractor produces a line of aircraft that includes 400, 500, 600 and 800-gallon capacity airplanes powered by Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6 turboprop engines. The airplanes are used for agricultural aerial application, firefighting, narcotic crop eradication, fuel hauling, fighting locust plagues, and cleaning oil spills in coastal waters. From North, South and Central America, to Australia, Indonesia and China to Spain, Italy, Croatia and Africa, Air Tractor aircraft can be found working in more than 30 countries around the world and are supported by a global network of Air Tractor dealers. More information can be found at www.airtractor.com.