Aircraft Structure Assembler Hot
- Mobile, Alabama
- Job ID
Aircraft Structure Assembler job at Airbus Final Assembly Line in Mobile AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing manufacturing and delivering aerospace products services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia Europe and the Americas and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Responsible for the structural installation of parts and major components in the manufacturing of the aircraft within assigned station area.
- Perform repair work (concessions/discrepancies).
- Positioning and assembly of components.
- Rework of external skin damage of the aircraft.
- Work in compliance with production orders design documents concessions and inspection procedures.
- Prepare and solve queries ensure follow-up and give feedback.
- Examine and sort work orders and drawings.
- Prepare job station for daily activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school diploma or GED.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by Airbus after recruitment:
- Health and Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality trainings
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques.
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent
- Previous hands-on experience with drilling tools templates drilling machines fasteners and torqueing tools
- 5+ years minimum experience in Aviation Production
Knowledge Skills Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of station safety quality (clean as you go/FOD) and OSHA regulations.
Communication Skills (Spoken Written Influencing Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Able to enter generate and retrieve information using a computer (SAP and Excel knowledge required)
- Vision:adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify markings and digital outputs on calibrated tools. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing:able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking:able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation:Able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying:able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg while engaging in training addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time.
- Heights:able to work at heights of approximately 40 feet on various types of platforms and lifts for various lengths of time
- Lifting:able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling:able to push/pull items in office areas and on shop floor.
- Sitting:able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling:able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing:able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel/Mobility:able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice. Able to work outside hangers in changing locations.
- Walking:able to walk through office and production areas around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions
As a leader in our field Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability genetics pregnancy marital status veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting hiring placement promotion demotion termination layoff recall transfer leaves of absence compensation benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability genetics pregnancy marital status veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause with or without notice.
Airbus Final Assembly Line Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.