A320 Tool Technology Development Featured
- Mobile, Alabama
- Job ID
A320 Tool Technology Development job at Airbus Final Assembly Line in Mobile AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing manufacturing and delivering aerospace products services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and aworldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locationsand12000 direct suppliersglobally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia Europe and the Americas and has achieved a more than six-fold order book increase since 2000.
Responsible for the specification development and release to production of tooling for the manufacture transportation or testing of aircraft parts components or assemblies within the Airbus Final Assembly Line.
- Conceptualize specify and develop aircraft tooling and equipment based on production needs. Strong understanding of tolerancing fixturing and electrical/mechanical/pneumatic systems needed for custom applications and feasibility determinations. (50%)
- Evaluate specify and manage the modification of existing equipment for adaptation to customer needs. (20%)
- Research evaluate and specify machines and systems to fulfill customer requirements. (20%)
- Support Quality group during engineering inspection of new/modified equipment for release to user acceptance testing. (10%)
- Lead special projects assigned by the manager.
- Support the operational day to day maintenance activities for the FAL including coordinating subcontractor activities on the site. Oversee/lead root cause analysis investigations of equipment failures. Audit reports/documentation for accuracy/thoroughness. Strict adherence to regulations of applicable international federal state and local laws concerning the operation of the FAL and ensure compliance to warranty program requirements.
- Support other departments as needed.
- Is a technical expert to call for the tender process including contributing to the creation of subcontract specifications and scope of work statements.
- Provides subcontract advice and counsel to program managers engineering personnel and other related functions such as finance quality and contract administration.
- Responsible to track follow-up and report on corrective action plans regarding service delivery.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements (Skills needed):
- Strong technical capabilities (analysis of system/machine function root cause analysis of equipment failures experience with electric/pneumatic/hydraulic/PLC systems).
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills and the ability to technically explain tooling/equipment issues.
- Capable to manage complex topics with many stakeholders. Strong communication and leadership skills to facilitate the resolution of urgent maintenance topics.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to oversee many ongoing topics.
- Flexibility to quickly shift priorities based on the needs of the FAL.
Preferred Qualifications (Skills to best fulfill this role):
- Experience using SAP (ERP system).
- Experience leading projects in a manufacturing environment.
- 1 or more years managing subcontractor activities in a production environment.
Education/Special Qualifications (schooling certifications):
- A Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering Electrical Engineering or a related technical field or nearing graduation in one of these degrees or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience successfully managing multiple work-streams in a multi-cultural environment and successfully addressing cultural differences.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands (for ex. Lifting working in heights):
- Vision: able to see and read a computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens able to read documents reports and engineering drawings.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on the production floor including safety warnings or alarms.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings deliver information and participate in communications.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer telephone copier fax machine and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability genetics pregnancy marital status veteran status or another legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting hiring placement promotion demotion termination layoff recall transfer leaves of absence compensation benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability genetics pregnancy marital status veteran status or another legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Airbus Final Assembly Line Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.