Chief Engineer Featured
- Brooksville, Florida
- Job ID
Chief Engineer job at Airdyne Aerospace in Brooksville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Airdyne is a small privately owned highly focused aircraft special mission systems engineering manufacturing and aerospace research firm with main offices in Brooksville Florida and Calgary Alberta.
POSITION TITLE: Chief Engineer
LOCATION: Brooksville Florida USA
SUMMARY OF POSITION/ POSITION DUTIES:
Basic Function: Providestechnical direction oversight and mentorship to the group engineering activities of the organization with the objective of maximizing technical competence corporate growth and profitability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the engineering teams assigning short and long term goals for successful completion of the project s plans.
- Provides technical guidance and oversight of a team of professional engineers and technicians.
- Provides technical direction to all engineering personnel and approves type design data.
- Can delegate approval authority but is ultimately responsible for overall design compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supports engineer operations manager in personnel administration developing plans and coordination of engineering teams to achieve engineering project goals.
- Assigns the roles in the project to appropriate capable staff members.
- Oversees policies procedures protocols and controls that govern the analysis and design.
- Consultation in and approval of standards to ensure that the type design is created to and in compliance with the design mission and airworthiness requirements.
- Ensures procedures and processes within the engineering department are followed.
- Support the recruiting of employees via dissemination of resource technical requirements to programs.
- Assign direct and evaluate work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence in conjunction with the programs requirements of the programs department.
- Sets goals and objectives: short-term and long-term for regular staff technical development and guidance.
- Oversees preparation of design reports and analysis reports for all engineering processes.
- Professional communication of information to parties in person over the phone via email and via postal correspondence.
- Mentor to maintain excellent communication (written verbal and presentation) when dealing with customers management technical staff and internal / external organizations
- Select 3rd party engineering contractors.
Supervision Exercised: The Chief Engineer is directly responsible for overall engineering management to achieve the technical direction defined by the Chief Technical Officer.
Engineering degree with 5-10 years of management experience. Aerospace related management a significant asset.
Bachelor degree in Engineering
TYPE OF WORK: Lockheed Martin C-130/L-100 Alenia C-27J or similar.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Based upon qualifications.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANTS: U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
INTERVIEW TYPE: Telephone and Company Site
All applicants must include a cover letter and salary requirements to be considered.
Cover letter must provide the following:
2. Reason that individual would be the best fit for the position
3. Questions about the position.
4. Salary Requirements
Airdyne Aerospace participates in E-Verify employment authorization.
Airdyne Aerospace is compliant with 52.222-35 Equal Opportunity for Veterans; and 52.222-36 Equal Opportunity for Workers with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability age genetic information or protected veteran status.
Airdyne Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.