Ramp Service Agent Hot
- Nome, Alaska
- Job ID
Ramp Service Agent job at Alaska Air Group in Nome AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
WHAT WERE ABOUT
Were creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day we go beyond whats expected and reach for the remarkable together.
The Ramp Service Agent (RSA) works in a fast-paced environment performing below wing functions and keeping flights running smoothly and safely.
Scope and Complexity
This position is a front line individual contributor role and supports below wing activities for Alaska Airlines.
- Loads and offloads luggage and cargo with the use of conveyor belts or forklifts.
- Transports luggage and cargo to various airport locations.
- Maintains ramp and warehouse areas.
- Marshals and pushes back aircraft.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience Education and Skills
- Valid drivers license
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with others.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts weekends holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to adapt to performing work according to set procedures.
- Ability to anticipate needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work at a constant and quick pace for up to two hours at one time.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand and interpret flight schedules and airline flight destination information.
- Must have good attendance and punctuality record.
- Depending upon your work location you may be required to obtain USPS Mail Handling Certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of operations with industrial equipment and previous experience
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety do the right thing be kind-hearted deliver performance and be remarkable.
The position pays $23.50 per hour per union agreement.
- Medical dental and vision benefits
- 401k retirement plan
- Monthly and Annual profit sharing programs
- Flight benefits on Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air
START YOUR NEW JOURNEY NOW
Submit your application by 09/10/2020 11:59pm (Pacific Time). Well be happy to see it.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity gender expression national origin age protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal State and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) where required.
Job ID 36471
Location Nome AK
FLSA Status Nonexempt
Full/Part Time Part-Time
Alaska Air Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.