Experimental Test Pilot Featured
- Salinas, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Experimental Test Pilot job at Archer Aviation in Salinas CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Write test plans and test reports in support of experimental and certification test flights of an eVTOL aircraft and its systems..
- Demonstrate safe, effective and efficient test execution.
- Coordinate the day to day execution of the test campaign with flight test engineering, certification and maintenance.
- Develop aircraft operational procedures to be contained in the aircraft flight manual.
- Develop aircraft training requirements and procedures.
- Make recommendations as to the operational effectiveness of aircraft.
- Support human factors studies and report writing.
What you need:
- Must be a graduate of an approved test pilot school.
- Minimum of an FAA commercial instrument rating.
- Minimum of 2000 hours total time with not less than 1000 hours as pilot in command and possess a current FAA Class I or II medical certificate.
- Minimum of 100 hours of developmental, engineering or experimental flight test time.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally in support of flight test.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with FAA airworthiness certification flight test programs and requirements.
- Experience writing certification test plans and report.
- Experience in vertical lift flight test and systems development.
- Designated Engineering Representative, Part 23 preferred.
- Knowledge of FAA Part 23 aircraft regulations and ASTMs.
Archer Aviation Company Overview
Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft. We will be using these aircraft to operate a ridesharing network inside of cities to help move people around - cities like LA, Miami, and NYC. For background on the company, Archer started in 2018 and weâ€™re based in San Jose, CA. Our CEO, Adam has been building businesses for 15 years and previously sold his last company. Tom Muniz our COO, previously ran Engineering for Wisk (an eVTOL startup backed by Larry Page), Geoff Bower our Chief Engineer was previously Chief Engineer at Airbusâ€™ eVTOL division called Vahana, and the company is made up of top talent from SpaceX, Tesla, Airbus, and NASA. The team at Archer has over 200 years of combined eVTOL experience.