Manufacturing Supervisor Featured
- San Jose, California
- Annual Salary $80,000.00 - $120,000.00
- Job ID
Manufacturing Supervisor job at Archer Aviation in San Jose CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of technicians to lead the daily operations and complete aircraft assembly & integration in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and developing a team of aerospace prototype and production technicians.
- Provide personnel development plans, give feedback on performance, and perform reviews with direct reports.
- Lead the daily production meetings to communicate priorities and goals to the team and between shifts.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Quality, Certification, and Engineering in the development and execution of aircraft manufacturing.
- Assist in the development of a low volume production process and the transition to high volume production.
- Assist in developing training materials to support certification and production build activities.
- Provide technical leadership and help mentor staff to diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
- Ensure a culture of safety which includes employee feedback and participation in people & product safety. Ensure adherence to Safety and Environmental Health objectives, policies, and work practices.
- Support and drive a culture of continuous improvement identifying ways to improve through process, design and technology.
What you need:
- 10+ years of related experience in the Aerospace industry.
- 5+ years supervisory experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of aircraft manufacturing methods including; Wire harness fabrication and installation, mechanical system assembly and installation, composite fabrication and assembly, and aircraft assembly.
- Understanding of aircraft safety, tool control, FOD, and industry standards.
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Google suite.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly regulated environment with adaptability to changing priorities.
- Great communication skills and a high attention to detail are required.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- A&P certification.
- Knowledge of IPC 610/620 & AC43.13-B
- Experience working with MES and ERP Software.
- Experience with high voltage wiring, batteries, and electric motors.
- Aircraft configuration management and FAA conformity experience.
Archer Aviation Company Overview
Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft. We will be using these aircraft to operate a ridesharing network inside of cities to help move people around - cities like LA, Miami, and NYC. For background on the company, Archer started in 2018 and weâ€™re based in San Jose, CA. Our CEO, Adam has been building businesses for 15 years and previously sold his last company. Tom Muniz our COO, previously ran Engineering for Wisk (an eVTOL startup backed by Larry Page), Geoff Bower our Chief Engineer was previously Chief Engineer at Airbusâ€™ eVTOL division called Vahana, and the company is made up of top talent from SpaceX, Tesla, Airbus, and NASA. The team at Archer has over 200 years of combined eVTOL experience.